Theinquirer has an article on silencing.

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ChucuSCAD
Patron of SPCR

Theinquirer has an article on silencing.

Post by ChucuSCAD » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:37 am

Our way of life continues to take over the world over at the INQ.

Linky

For what it is worth

chucuSCAD

Kwiet

Post by Kwiet » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:38 am

The best part of the review was to mention spr!
The good point was that he noticed passively cooled video cards pump out heat, add it to the case so the other fans speed up to cool the computer down. Maybe someone should of told him about Artic Coolers or HIS/Sapphire Toxic Edition series of cards.

Although the results were OK, the disease is planted and he will be building something different soon. :twisted: Thanks for the tip.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:27 am

Hello:
Kwiet wrote:The good point was that he noticed passively cooled video cards pump out heat, add it to the case so the other fans speed up to cool the computer down.
If I am understanding you are trying to say, then I need to correct this point: the amount of heat given off by any device, including video cards, is going to be the same, no matter how they are cooled. So, fanned or passive, any device that produces heat, will put out the same amount of heat as it would if it was cooled in a different manner.

This is just the laws of physics, folks. :wink:

mathias

Post by mathias » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:35 am

What I'm sure he's trying to say is that passive video cards dump heat into the case, instead of outside. But I don't think that's really true, a typical fanned (not direct exhaust) card would do the same, while a heatpipe cooler should at least get that heat closer to the exhaust fan.

Green Shoes
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Green Shoes » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:48 am

If you're not familiar with the basics of PC noise control, I'd recommend silentpcreview.com as a good source of useful information like this.
w00t!

(I have nothing constructive to say)