SPCR is 3 years old today

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:23 pm

Hard to believe its been only 3 years and a bit since the first time I met Mike over on yahoo and he taught me how to fan swap an enermax :) .

Thanks Mike for all of your hard work and to everyone who visits and makes this a great place for gathering to share ideas. This must be one of the highest quality of users I've ever met on a online forum.

-Ken

Slaugh

Post by Slaugh » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:59 pm

Happy birthday SPCR!

Thanks for these three years of hard work! :D

Mike and his acolytes did a great job keeping this site addictive and very helpful in our endless task! And it's not just Mike and his merry men, it's the entire SPCR community that makes this forum what it is!

Keep up the good work everybody! :wink:

Well... After three years, maybe it's time for SPCR to sell goodies?
Here's a start... :lol: :lol: :lol:

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:12 pm

:lol:

That's a great idea. The only problem is, do I buy that to find out if my PC's quiet enough, or do I spend the money on other stuff to make sure it's quiet enough?

Happy birthday SPCR!
I must agree that this is the best userbase I've seen - and I've been to a lot of forums... right now I shudder at the thought of some of those :? :P

pangit
Patron of SPCR

Post by pangit » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:12 pm

SPCR has been a huge value to me personally over the past 2 years or so, as I've learned more about silencing PCs and passed my knowledge on to others. So thank you for all the great articles and forum discussions, which have completely altered my PC user experience.

Like most of us here I'll never go back to a noisy PC now!
MikeC wrote:Remember this was something done entirely in "spare" time, just a "hobby", for "fun" -- I was working 40 hrs/wk already, and probably spending probably another 30 hrs on SPCR.
Was? Does that mean you're doing it full time now? I've always been curious how much time you spend on SPCR, but can't think how it can be any more than a hobby from an income point of view. Aren't you still doing your technical writing day job any more?

mkk

Post by mkk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:53 am

Congratulations! And keep reviewing the way you have, with no fear to lay it down on the numerous products claiming to be what they are not. :)

Sledge

Post by Sledge » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:14 am

Happy B-day :wink:

teejay
Patron of SPCR

Post by teejay » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:49 am

That's what you get when you take the weekend off: everything that can be said, has already been said by the well-spoken members. SPCR has made a big difference to my silence-drive ever since I started lurking a bit over a year ago... and it has been a very enjoyable place on the web to spend my time. So a big thank-you to everyone here, staff and visitors alike.

Here's to another 3 years of silent bliss!

Spod
Patron of SPCR

Post by Spod » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:17 am

And here's another note of goodwill among the crowd. Of course it's all been said already, but isn't it nice that so many different people are saying it?

Happy Birthday SPCR!

DrCR

Post by DrCR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:27 pm

Long live SPCR! :D

Seal

Post by Seal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:35 am

Happy Birthday SPCR!

Congrats to mike and all the team for all their hard work. They've definately done their part to ensure i get my nice quiet night's sleep every night! :)

halcyon
Patron of SPCR

Post by halcyon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:38 am

I'm two weeks late with the congratulations, but I think they're still valid.

Congratulations to most of all Mike and also the reviewers, not forgetting the the forum goers like you.

I'm not even sure how many understand what kind of an impact your work/site has given for the silencing PCs.

Before SilentPC there were just random users here and there.

Now there is a reliable source of reviews, good discussion and finally manufacturers who are starting to understand that noise is a problem and must be dealt with.

It's like we've slowly coming out of the dark ages :)

Respect. What more can I say.