Thank you SilentPCReview! Specially MikeC

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

alexb

Thank you SilentPCReview! Specially MikeC

Post by alexb » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to thank this website and MikeC for their efforts and enlightening of people like me who didn't know anything about Silent computing just a couple of years ago.

Being a techie... I thought I knew everything there is about computers and I thought with faster and faster CPUs, VideoCards, and Hard drives... noise is inevitable and part of the technology. After discovering this site, upgrading my components one by one... I almost forgot how bad my old system and some of the regular systems are.

I just had to rebuild a friend's PC... I had it in my room for only TWO DAYS and I almost lost my mind! It was soooooo loud, it wasn't even funny. The Western Digital HDD was whining like a crying baby non-stop, the CPU and Case fans were working like a tornado... OH MY GOD! I was spoiled... had no clue what regular people go through with their *latest* gear.

Funny enough, I actually don't have a silent PC... it's pretty quiet but has its own shortcomings, however, it is totally livable and it's in my room functioning 24/7 and it is OCed moderately. Kudos to all people who started this website and maintained it so people like me can get rid of the noise pollution of poorly designed PCs.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Fat_bloater_dave
*Lifetime Patron*

I agree

Post by Fat_bloater_dave » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:07 pm

Hear Hear. 3 Chears for everyone involved.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:56 pm

Agreed. I also had a super loud pc (70mm ceredyna, 120mm delta 65db 220cfm, 4 dynaflow 39db, 2 vantec tornado) and then I discovered this site.

I now have a VERY silent pc, with the help of ghetto rigging.

Glad to see another person from Vancouver. Cheers.

Bobthebuilder

Post by Bobthebuilder » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:35 am

Yes I have to agree, great site/forum :D

Some people gave me some great inspiration with the 7700CU (I didn't even know the fan could be replaced) , tips on Hsf's I was going to get but Didn't get because of you guys :D

Excellent site _0_

And a special thanks to Devonavar :)

PositiveSpin

Post by PositiveSpin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:56 am

Absolutely!

I didn't appreciate how much quiet mattered. I do now :oops:

Many thanks, and keep up the good work.

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:28 pm

Agreed, great site not only in the content but also the effect it has had on the silent/quiet PC market. Without this site, I believe there would be far fewer quiet PC sources and products to choose from today.

-Ken