In-Win C series

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Thunder

In-Win C series

Post by Thunder » Wed May 11, 2005 8:45 pm

I recently started a forum to search for a cheap and quiet case and thanks to many of you guys I found it. Unfortunately I don’t have time to write a formal review (soon I could if people want one) but here are a few pics.

Looks better than I thought; all bays are stealthed but there is a lot of plastic

Inside is very user friendly
-all tool less -top 3 pci slots and agp can also be used with a screw for extra stability. Although much is plastic its tool less mechanism seems much stronger than that of cooler masters and other manufactures.

Good back grill

Front grill is a pin hole style metal grill but the behind it the case is great

Best of all, its quiet. The power supply is undoubtedly a Forton. It’s was quieter than my FPS-350 on low and the stock fan is not bad at low speeds, much better in fact than most fans advertised as silent.
All and all it’s worth the $40 price.

cyberknight

Post by cyberknight » Wed May 11, 2005 9:36 pm

How is the airflow in the case? One of the concerns I (and others) have brought up abuot this case is that it does not support a front fan.

As a result, that sparked up a bit of a conversation whether a front fan actually helps cooling or not, cuz there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that a front fan is not necessarily better. (sometimes worse)

I'm still torn if I shoud sell my Sonata and get this case. It does seem like a very good case, it has almost everything you would want in a case. And it seems to have a tonne of room and potential for hard drive suspension.

Have you tried out the front usb and audio ports? sturdy?

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sat May 14, 2005 7:52 pm

The usb and audio are good but if you are real tough on your cases I wouldent recomend it. As for the front fan the system that is in it is relitivly cool so there is no need for the front fan. Also unfortunatly the front grill is actualy quite restrictive but behind it the case is great for air flow.

shame about the front grill though

pony-tail

Post by pony-tail » Sat May 14, 2005 8:44 pm

I have been using their V series cases for years
and their build quality is good , they do use fortron PSUs.
their cases are easy to mod and run fairly cool.
So if this case has the same build Quality that the V500T has
it is most likely a very good mid to low price case

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun May 15, 2005 9:49 am

That thing is the biggest duct ever and unfortunatly it lines up with the cpu cooler very poorly on the system I built. It swings out and is removable for work so it never gets in the way.

silent_partner

Post by silent_partner » Thu May 19, 2005 3:36 pm

How quiet is this case compared to an SLK3000B+SeaSonic PSU?

This case would cost half the price of the above here in the UK.

Are the fortron/powerman psu's very competant?