Sealing Your Case?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

saipoob

Sealing Your Case?

Post by saipoob » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 pm

I was thinking about adding some sort of material to the frame/side doors of the case in order to try and seal it better; this would give better noise isolation and hopefully better airflow due to increased pressure, or at least in theory. I'm also thinking if I added fan and psu gaskets it would further improve the effect.

Has anyone tried the above approaches and seen any measurable benefits? I'm really curious about what approach you used to seal the case doors because I'm not exactly sure how I want to go about doing this other than using some sort of tape to slightly narrow the gaps and ensure there's no metal on metal. And by seal I don't mean, "tape the doors closed" but rather make it so the door fits more snugly, like having a gasket for the side doors more or less.

Thanks in advance. This site has really changed my thoughts on building my next computer.

Klasital

Post by Klasital » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:16 pm

Get a Lian Li PC-S80 case, its very well sealed.

PopCorn

Post by PopCorn » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:13 pm

buy a tube of silicon, its rubbery and will seal very well and if you dont like it just peel it of :D you can also buy it in clear and other colors