To Antec NSK4000-EU or NSK4400-EU users.

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

xavier.pl

To Antec NSK4000-EU or NSK4400-EU users.

Post by xavier.pl » Sun May 04, 2008 2:23 am

Hi everyone,

In this topic I'm looking for some help with my new setup. I need few answers from people who are happy owners of mentioned case. I know that it's 20cm wide. I'd like to know how much space there's left after installing a mother board. I just don't know how big can be a heatsink that can go inside. If you use this case please measure this up for me or just write what heatsink do you use with it without problems.

I appreciate any help,
Xavier

ame

Post by ame » Sun May 04, 2008 4:51 am

see my reply in your other post

xavier.pl

Post by xavier.pl » Sun May 04, 2008 7:08 am

Thanks ame, I'll reply your post there soon, it helped. If anyone would like to share their experience about those cases with me, feel free to do it here.

=assassin=

Post by =assassin= » Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 am

I bought the 4400 and I like it (I've since swapped out the PSU for a Corsair one though) - had it since September 2006 and it's served me well. The front vents just behind the front panel tend to get a bit dusty, and the front panel resonates creating a humming sound, which are it's only downsides sound-wise. I think the front panel is a tad flimsy which is why it resonates, and if I push my finger against it, it'll stop, so I reckon putting something behind it to keep it firm would stop that little issue. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this though :S The case is fairly short, which is what I went for, but you might have to be careful which board you get if it is a full size ATX as the cabling options can be pretty limiting IMO. I'm also down on one hard drive slot as my graphics card is long enough to be too close to allow installation in that one slot - this didn't occur with an earlier MSI board I had, but was a problem with I stuck a Gigabyte board in (both AM2).

kaange

Post by kaange » Tue May 06, 2008 4:41 pm

=assassin= wrote:the front panel resonates creating a humming sound, which are it's only downsides sound-wise. I think the front panel is a tad flimsy which is why it resonates, and if I push my finger against it, it'll stop, so I reckon putting something behind it to keep it firm would stop that little issue. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this though :S
Yep, I posted about this in another thread. The front panel actually consists of 2 panels that clip together and it is these 2 that resonate against each other creating the humm/buzz. I tried various (cheap) padding materials to try and reduce the resonance ended up with some foam from a motherboard box doubled up sandwiched between the 2 panels.