Antec P182 side panel

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

tomzi

Antec P182 side panel

Post by tomzi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:01 am

Hi!

I am new on this (great) forum. I have one simple question. Is there any way to get new side panel for Antec P182? Because mine is damaged/broken.

Those plastic "clips" are broken.

amjedm

Re: Antec P182 side panel

Post by amjedm » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:06 am

tomzi wrote:Hi!

I am new on this (great) forum. I have one simple question. Is there any way to get new side panel for Antec P182? Because mine is damaged/broken.

Those plastic "clips" are broken.
If the case is less than three years old, you can contact them via their website to request a replacement panel. You may be asked to scan and email the invoice to prove purchase/age.

phantom220

Post by phantom220 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:57 am

Bump.

Is this under warranty? Do you have to pay for the replacement panel?

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:51 am

phantom220 wrote:Bump.

Is this under warranty? Do you have to pay for the replacement panel?
its free. I broke one P182 hook too. I mailed Antec directly. After scanning receit / invoice and doing what else they wanted I got new panel for free in a week.

Well one problem there was: I had regular P-182 and new Panel I got was Mirror version for P182 SE which looks awesome ^^

amjedm

Post by amjedm » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 am

thejamppa wrote:Well one problem there was: I had regular P-182 and new Panel I got was Mirror version for P182 SE which looks awesome ^^
:D

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:01 am

So problem was very minor. Antec support is unbeatable. I have just good experiences from Antec warranties. I've got side panel, extra keys and fron't connection hub free from antec because of their limited 3 year warranty for labour.

my case eas less than 24 hours old when the inner plastic tongue of USB port came off with USB memory. I got new front connection hub in mail carried home like the side panel less than a week.

Accessories came from USA and side panel came from antec warehouse in Netherlands. All less than a week since support request.

Holy-Fire
Friend of SPCR

Post by Holy-Fire » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:21 am

Did they require you to return the broken parts?

Fallsroad

Post by Fallsroad » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:15 am

Holy-Fire wrote:Did they require you to return the broken parts?
I've had parts replaced for several different Antec case models under warranty and they have never asked for old parts in exchange.

Until quite recently, they never even asked for proof of purchase.

Holy-Fire
Friend of SPCR

Post by Holy-Fire » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:09 am

And do I understand correctly that they ship internationally?

This sounds almost too good to be true. I too had 2 plastic clips break in my P182SE side panel, and thought I would just have to cope with it.

Just to be clear - the left and right side panels are identical, right?

Fallsroad

Post by Fallsroad » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:16 am

Holy-Fire wrote:And do I understand correctly that they ship internationally?

This sounds almost too good to be true. I too had 2 plastic clips break in my P182SE side panel, and thought I would just have to cope with it.

Just to be clear - the left and right side panels are identical, right?
I am in the US so I can't verify they ship internationally, though it sounds like it from an above post.

I don't think the L & R side panels are interchangeable.

thejamppa

Post by thejamppa » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:35 am

I live in finland and they shipped here no charges. Also I've rotated panels so left and right are identical.

nick705

Post by nick705 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Fallsroad wrote: I don't think the L & R side panels are interchangeable.
I've never really checked, but I've taken both side panels off on mine several times, then forgotten which was which, and they've always both gone back on OK at the first attempt.

I guess I could have got lucky on every occasion, but it seems statistically improbable. :D

/edit: sorry thejamppa, I didn't notice your reply, going blind in my old age...

walle

Post by walle » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:35 pm

I would like to share my experience with Antecs support too, just recently the power button and reset button broke on one of my Solos and before contacting their support department I took the time to check out the second Solo and sure enough, the power and reset button showed signs of fatigue on that one too, so I took a couple of pictures including them in the email and received a fairly quick reply where it stated “ We’re shipping you two front bezels “, nice, I didn’t have to wait for the second one to get broken having to contact them again; no Sir. So, kudos to their support they’re well worth praise IMHO.

:D

bgavin

Post by bgavin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:30 am

I bought a new P182 case, and the Reset switch is defective. They mailed me a replacement, no hassles.

Holy-Fire
Friend of SPCR

Post by Holy-Fire » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:12 am

Indeed, kudos to Antec for the excellent warranty service, but... From all this it sounds like their products are not very reliable.

Fallsroad

Post by Fallsroad » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 am

Holy-Fire wrote:Indeed, kudos to Antec for the excellent warranty service, but... From all this it sounds like their products are not very reliable.
I think you are seeing that a lot of SPCR readers use Antec products - many of us multiple products - and sometimes they do break.

Doesn't mean they are inherently defective or have a worse track record than other manufacturers.

I've owned five Antec cases (and bought at least ten more for builds I've done for other people) and multiple power supplies and only had a single PSU ever go out on me - after four years of use.

In my case, the parts I needed for cases had nothing to do with breakage or failure (with a single exception - a case fan got noisy, so they replaced all three) - I needed extra or new rubber grommets to mount hard drives, and Antec sent them to me for free. Since they were used, and in one case totally lost by me, they didn't have to do it. They also sent me the odd sized hard drive screws for my long out of warranty original Sonata case, again for free.

I've had very good luck with their products, and am constantly amazed that they are willing to send out parts for free for out of warranty cases, especially when, in one example, I lost a bunch of parts and they were under no obligation to replace them without charge - even when I offered to pay for them.

thejamppa

Post by thejamppa » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:41 am

You only see warranty issues when someone goes wrong. Out of so many products peoples are using here, the defective ones are very small per centage. But you see them easier.

I've owned 5 Antec cases. And because of antec quality I've experienced and their warranty service I will not easy change away. Maybe peoples are bored because so many use Antec cases and want to differ. But antec cases are used because they are good and warranty services are good.

phantom220

Post by phantom220 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:28 am

Wow. I've had a problem with one of my side panels, quite tempted to email Antec and get one sent out to me. Awesome news