Antec Fusion Remote Max - Linux, LCD replacement?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

jantman

Antec Fusion Remote Max - Linux, LCD replacement?

Post by jantman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi,

I'm building a new HTPC, and am strongly leaning towards the Antec Fusion Remote Max (mainly because I really like the looks and want a simple front, but need at least 3 HDD bays and full height expansion cards).

For anyone who happens to own one, I have a few questions:

1) How well does it (specifically the IR receiver and volume knob) play with Linux?

2) Has anyone attempted to replace the LCD? I've heard that it's too bright (at least under Linux) and would really like something that's well supported by LCDproc. I'd also really like a graphics LCD. Is there any hope, or is it integrated with the controls?

Thanks,
Jason

quikkie

Post by quikkie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:38 am

If it's the same as the Silverstone cases (and I think it is) the VFDs (used on the GD01-MXR) are not supported by anything other than the windows software. The LCDs are reasonably supported by alternative software including software available for linux.

The IR stuff can be handled by LIRC - however the mouse movement control I have on my remote cannot be driven by LIRC - I don't remember all the details but it was something to do with different commands being sent as you keep it pressed.