what case to choose, need help

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

iakovl

what case to choose, need help

Post by iakovl » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:00 am

first of all , Hey ppl Im new in the forum.

and now to the problem.
i'm going to buy a new A64 pc but i need help in choosing a good case:
here are the options (i live is israel so there not many cases as in the US)
ARCTIC COOLING Silentium T2
ARCTIC COOLING Silentium T1
Compucase 6A19

and i have anothe Q , what's the difference between T1&T2?

nici

Post by nici » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:18 am

The only difference between T1&T2 is the front. They are identical internally, there is just two designs to choose from. Both will perform the same, theres a review here on SPCR on the Silentium T2 and also on Antec 3x00 series(see below)

The Compucase 6A19 has the same internals as Antec 3700AMB, among others.. :roll: Anyway, thats the one i would suggest. It looks pretty good too, better than the Antecs imho :) Does it come with or without PSU btw? What PSUs are available to you?

Hey to yourself too btw, and Welcome to SPCR!! :D

iakovl

Post by iakovl » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:30 am

the Compucase comes with 2*120mm and 400w 24-pin

can any one give me links for mod guides.

i'm going to bulid after some time , when i get the money a WC with a DIY passive rad

Gholam

Post by Gholam » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:40 am

Hey there,

I work in a PC store in Rehovot, and I work near exclusively with HEC/Compucase cases. The 6A19/400 comes with a pair of Yate Loon 120mm fans (sleeve bearing) which spin at about 1800-1900rpm max. Not really impressed with them - a distinct growling bearing noise, especially at low rpm when it's not drowned out by air whooshing. The Y.S.Tech 120mm fans that came with earlier series were much better, but since abot 3 months ago, all 120mm fans in these cases switched over to Yate Loon. 92mm were and stayed Globe by the way, but they click at low rpm.

The HEC-400TR-TX PSU is not something I'd recommend for a quiet build - it is excellent quality, and behaves well under load (I built an A64 3500 + dual GF6800 system with one, ran 100% stable and OCed very well at that) but the fan is quite loud, even at low loads. There really aren't many options for a quiet PSU in our neck of the woods, I had to import a SeaSonic from US. TechData Israel is the official Antec distributor, but last I checked, they didn't have any Phantoms, nor plans for them.

If you're planning to watercool, you might want to check out CM Stacker - while expensive, it has a lot of room inside for whatever setup you need, and SLG (Coolermaster distributor for Israel) keeps them in stock most of the time. When I ordered mine, it arrived same day :)