I wish p180 had it's own forum...

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

I wish p180 had it's own forum where I wouldn't have to see it!

Yay
37%
Neigh I Say Nay
63%

Total votes: 51

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

I wish p180 had it's own forum...

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Is all there is left to this creative bunch a 160+ dollar case that takes hours to make it work? Are there no other cases out there that work even better? I think the SLK series is a better case for someone who really knows what's going on in making a silent case, my opinion of course.

seems like there is nothing else to talk about, like all other cases and systems are collapsed into a plastic and aluminum tall block thing.

lenny
Patron of SPCR

Post by lenny » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:03 pm

Of course not. It deserves its own web site.

Just kidding.

Give it another month or so for the excitement to die down. I have one, I like it, but I'm not about to swear I'll never buy another case again.

Too bad PHP doesn't have kill files.

preti9cboi

Post by preti9cboi » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:52 pm

I dont think this is such a bad idea. There have been lots of post on the p180 lately. I propose, to make a form that contains the "item" of the month or for however long the new item is hot.

nutball
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: I wish p180 had it's own forum...

Post by nutball » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:33 pm

~El~Jefe~ wrote:Is all there is left to this creative bunch a 160+ dollar case that takes hours to make it work? Are there no other cases out there that work even better? I think the SLK series is a better case for someone who really knows what's going on in making a silent case, my opinion of course.
How long does it take to make an SLK quiet compared to a P180? Personally I've spent hours and hours on mine.

The excitement here is understandable, the P180 is probably the very first case designed with silence and good airflow in mind. The fact it's the dominate discussion here tells you more about the case market than it does about these forums IMO.

timmytimmytimmy

Post by timmytimmytimmy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:57 pm

While there are many P180 threads around, I don't think SPCR should have a P180 forum. Sure it is a great product, but I think SPCR aims to be an objective site could be severely damaged if it had its own forum, given Mike C's relationship with the P180 and all.

*dons flame-proof suit.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:22 pm

to make an slk silent you need 2 120mm fans, and 8 pieces of rubber to mimic screws.

the front comes off, that'seasy, all cables fit with much slack. rest are simple components that would go in either case, but one takes more time and costs 2x a much. shrugs.

I still think it should get it's own spot.

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:40 pm

One extra vote for the horse. It's just a case *dons flame-proof suit* and there isn't anything so special about it *gets fire extinguisher* that techniques and ideas can't be used in other cases.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:43 pm

StarfishChris wrote:One extra vote for the horse. It's just a case *dons flame-proof suit* and there isn't anything so special about it *gets fire extinguisher* that techniques and ideas can't be used in other cases.

You get the coveted PWND award. nice. ;)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:09 pm

Yes the award is much deserved. Another no vote for it's own forum.

where's the fun in spending so much money when with a few tools and and assortment of stuff from my basement I can make my $50 case quiet.

Not saying I don't like the P180 but it's large and expensive and I'm cheap.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:05 am

PREACH IT BRUTHA

or something :)

i agree though!

I would rather see people talking about purchasing Dremel's and 120/80 mm hole cutters and tin snips than purchasing this $$$ object. or at least not talking about it 10220x. i tihnk ill make a faq for it later on. slightly sarcastic of course :)

suchageek
Friend of SPCR

Post by suchageek » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:52 am

preti9cboi wrote:I dont think this is such a bad idea. There have been lots of post on the p180 lately. I propose, to make a form that contains the "item" of the month or for however long the new item is hot.
I think it would be handy to have it all in one spot. I have found P180 threads scattered all over in the various forums and finding useful information all together would yield better results than the usual search.

Just my .02 of course...

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:26 am

Every once in a while a new product comes along that gets a lot of attention, and usually for a brief period of time. It's happened before, it'll happen again. The forums were literally filled with CnQ posts a year ago, and Zalman 7000a posts before that. A month from now the P180 will be just another case, and discussion of it will dwindle. Until then, just skip the threads that have "P180" in the title. :lol:

Of course it would help if people actually took the time to read the forum guidelines and put their new threads in the right place, or used a search to find out that their question was just answered last week. Oh well, you can't have everything. :roll:

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:55 am

Rusty075 wrote:Of course it would help if people actually took the time to read the forum guidelines and put their new threads in the right place, or used a search to find out that their question was just answered last week. Oh well, you can't have everything. :roll:
You could dawn an iron fist and start locking repetative threads.... but that could be a bit scary.

I suppose the popularity or my cheapness will pass soon enough.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:22 pm

I would rule with an iron sceptre. I would dominate forums with an unwavering eye.

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF DER VOMEN

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:19 pm

Yes, and almost every time you lock or move someone's thread you get a whiny PM about , "why'd you lock my thread?" (present company excepted, Jefe. :wink: ). An about 25% of the time it touches off another useless debate about, "why isn't the search here better?" :roll:

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:08 pm

we need a forum lady like they have on that 3dgameman.com review thing.

she is neat.

id take that over an iron sceptre any day.