Antec Performance TX SOHO Series

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Krazy Kommando

Antec Performance TX SOHO Series

Post by Krazy Kommando » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:10 pm

I know you guys over here at SPCR are big fans of the antec cases, but i was wondering why there hasnt been any talk about the new TX series of cases? they come with good PSU's, made of steal, rear 120mm tri-cool as stock, optional x2 80mm at front, good front and back fan grills, relatively open front bezel with air filter, plenty of space for suspending HDD's....
to not get much of a mention over here there much be something wrong with them from a SPCR point of view, or have they just been over shadowed by the recent release of the P150 and P180? they must be reasonably good because last years version of the case was on the recommended list, and this new version has some improvements over it! oh, and it comes in plain black too! i know how all u guys seem to love your black cases ;)

Aris

Post by Aris » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 pm

i think part of the reason is probably because of size. most people are looking for somthing smaller, not somthing bigger or the same size as what they already have. plus looking at them, its nothing new. its just the same bland vanilla stuff everyone is doing. you can get the same general stuff from the sonata, slk3000, slk3700, compucase 6A19 etc etc etc.

i mean cmon. how many reviews of "basically" identical cases do you really need?

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:13 am

As far as I can tell, each of the TX cases is nothing but a worked over variation of the earlier "SX" cases, but with the dual 80mm rear fans replaced with a 120mm Tri-cool, the Intel-approved TAC vents on the side and a different front bezel.

They're certainly very good cases, but even with the redesigned rear fan setup they're not going to approach the P180/P150/SLK3x00 cases as the basis for a quiet PC.

Krazy Kommando

Post by Krazy Kommando » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:09 pm

^but why would it not be as good? it looks pretty similar to the SLK series on the inside, except that its got two front 80mm's instead of the one 120mm, and its bigger.
i know the P150 & P180 are obviously going to be better, but they are alot more expensive too