Lian Li PC-V300A SFF Cube Case.

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Lian Li PC-V300A SFF Cube Case.

Post by Bluefront » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:42 am

New Egg link

Lian Li Link

Add another bare SFF case to the short list. This is different in that the drive bays are sideways.....which of course leaves more space over the MB for cooling/airflow. That technique works but can make it difficult to find a place for the computer on a cramped desktop. I'm not sure I care for the looks of the thing......

nici

Post by nici » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:17 am

Meh.. It looks, well, functional. boring. I like Lian-Li cases, just check the thread in my sig, but i don´t like the looks of this one. The black version isn´t much better either since the interior is still silver and shines thru all them damn holes.. It looks like a prime candidate for my acrylic front, on the backside of the frontpanel behind the holes. Intake would need some mods.

I like the fact its a horizontal case wich doesn´t look flat though :) HTPC cases look too HTPC for a desktop imo.

alphabetbackward

Post by alphabetbackward » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:33 am

The side mounted external bays seems really odd but after I think about it, it doesn't bother me that much considering how little I use CD's.

I'm worried that three 80mm fans will be quite noisy even at minimum voltage.

It also doesn't look like the hard drives get that much cooling. It looks like if you are using a video card, this would only make the situation much worse.

If you can stick a filter behind the front mesh, I bet the black wouldn't look too bad.

I was thinking you could make a low power PC with this and use a PicoPSU or PW-200-M and with the power supply out of the way, you can use a Scythe Ninja.

LushMD
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by LushMD » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:27 pm

Perhaps a silly point (I'm sure that the people at Lian Li have thought of this), but wouldn't the side mounted 80mm fan (right side, close to middle of motherboard) pose clearance issues with the CPU HSF?