InWin BT611 low profile microATX case

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

AndrewD

InWin BT611 low profile microATX case

Post by AndrewD » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:03 am

I picked up one of these cases yesterday for my first attempt at a HTPC build. I got tired of waiting for the micro Fusion :roll: . I'm waiting on the rest of the parts, so haven't been able to do anything with it yet.

http://www.in-win.com.tw/products_case_ ... odel_id=83
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811108060

Review:
http://www.bigbruin.com/2007/inwinbt611_1

For the price ($88 AUD shipped), it seems like a nice little case. Dimensions are 310mm wide x 92mm high x 430mm deep (this was a surprise as the specs say its 400mm deep :? ). I saw an Asus DAV system in a store the other day and its very similar in size (the DAV is a couple of cm's wider but about 3cm's less in depth). The DAV's look great but sell for $1500+ here for a fairly basic spec.

I've been hunting for a small HTPC case over the last 8 mths, and have looked at numerous options including all the Silverstone's, etc etc. Nothing so far has fitted the bill, but this one is the best I've been able to find so far (for the price). The other candidate was the Milo ML01 but it's over twice the cost here. Anyway, hopefully this InWin case will do the job until the Fusion or something else better comes along.

Just thought I'd post some initial comments and will add more once I have it up and running.

Parts I'll be using with this case are M2A-VM mobo, 4400+ Brisbane (undervolted), 2Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD, and low profile dual PCI-E tuner and wireless cards.

After inspecting it and taking it apart, here's some comments:

- steel construction with plastic front panel and the bottom outer panel is plastic too. It has small feet moulded into the bottom panel about 1mm high. Will need to find some low profile rubber feet.

- the 300W PSU is tiny and has a 60mm fan. It's branded Power Man (OEM Fortron I believe). I don't know if its temperature controlled or how noisy that fan is yet. If its bad, I'll try replacing it with a 70mm fan which looks like it should fit with some help from the trusty tin snips. I've got a 70x10mm fan from an AMD stock S939 HSF that seems quiet at 5-7v.

- the case comes with an 80mm side-mounted outtake fan. It's branded ARX model FD1280-S3133E. It's unpleasant even at 5v. I'll replace it with a Nexus or GlacialTech.

- decent amount of vents on both sides and top (above both the CPU and GPU areas). Fairly unrestrictive, especially the right side vent for the fan. The CPU vent area is perfectly sized for a 92mm fan, but I don't think a 25mm high fan will fit with the stock AMD heatsink.

- 2 mounting positions for 3.5" drives. One internal below the optical drive cage and one external next to it. No fan mounting provision for the drive area though. Looks like a 2.5" HDD would also fit in the space behind the front panel connectors.

Hope this might help anyone looking at this case. Feel free to post questions and I'll answer them as best I can.

Cheers :)

Kreed

Re: InWin BT611 low profile microATX case

Post by Kreed » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:18 am

Did you consider the In Win BL631?

http://www.in-win.com.tw/products_case_ ... ries_id=44

It's dimensions are:

H x W x D
13" x 3.8" x 14.4"
330 x 96 x 365 mm (11.5L)

So, it's not as deep as the BT611. It has the partition plate like the BK623.

It doesn't look like it's available in Australia yet.

AndrewD

Post by AndrewD » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:25 am

Kreed, no, I hadn't even heard of this model. Must be a fairly recent addition. This would have been the perfect size for what I've been looking for :cry: - ideally I want a case < 380mm deep.

But, yes, it doesn't seem to be available here in Aus yet. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye out for it!