Damping Supplies in Canada

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Dephcon

Damping Supplies in Canada

Post by Dephcon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:20 pm

Does anyone know any sites that are in or ship to Canada?

I'm looking to find some butyl rubber type stuff like edead and some sort of foam to go over top.

Planning on getting a Lian-Li A05b and would like to make it reasonably quiet as possible with out spending too much. I'm gonna go with Scythe Slip Streams for the case and maybe an ULTRA Kaze for my thermalright ultra120 extreme...

but i don't think that'll be enough so i'm trying to locate deadening supplies now so if i need them, i can get them fast.

If anyone knows any good Canadian shops for deadening and what specific products are good, please let me know.

Thanks

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Amazon sells eDead, but you can also find "roofer's tape" at your local home improvement store. It may go under the name "Peel & Seal" or something like that.

It's essentially asphalt with a heavy aluminum tape backing. It works well and the smell usually dissipates after a day or two. Butyl rubber is slightly denser, but the differences are probably not noticeable in the case, but they will be felt in the wallet.

Dephcon

Post by Dephcon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:47 am

unfortunately amazon wont ship edead products to canada. :x

i'll have to take a trip to home depot and see whats up

Davinator

Post by Davinator » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:18 am

Forgive me for a personal deviation but I'm curious that you mentioned Home Depot. Do you have Home Depots in Canada or do you live close to the border? Do US companies do well in Canada when surely you've got home-grown companies in the same field as Home Depot that compete?

I personally use AcoustiPack found here:
http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/std ... eluxe.html
(EndPCNoise is in Vancouver, WA.)

and reviewed positively by SPCR here:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article71-page1.html

But relative to many other Home Depot-sourced or DIY dampening, AcoustiPack is rather expensive.

- Dave

Dephcon

Post by Dephcon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:25 am

Yeah they got home depot in Canada, and its pretty much THE place. We got Rona too, i dunno if that American too or not

crazyox

Re: Damping Supplies in Canada

Post by crazyox » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:36 pm

Dephcon wrote:Does anyone know any sites that are in or ship to Canada?

I'm looking to find some butyl rubber type stuff like edead and some sort of foam to go over top.

Planning on getting a Lian-Li A05b and would like to make it reasonably quiet as possible with out spending too much. I'm gonna go with Scythe Slip Streams for the case and maybe an ULTRA Kaze for my thermalright ultra120 extreme...

but i don't think that'll be enough so i'm trying to locate deadening supplies now so if i need them, i can get them fast.

If anyone knows any good Canadian shops for deadening and what specific products are good, please let me know.

Thanks
I just placed my first order at directcanada.com. The have many good silencing products, including the Antec Solo which I have ordered after doing much research (even though it looks like crud in my opinion (people say its looks better than the pictures of it, though)

I can't gaurantee you'll have no problems with them since this is my first dealing with them. The other options are tigerdirect.ca and ncix.com for Canadian dealers, but I have not heard such great things about tiger. I personally thought the prices are better at directcanada.com than ncix, but ncix has a lot of sales and combo deals (which are generally usuless to a silent pc person with specific products in mind)

If you wait a week, I will post a thread in the system advice area about how much luck I have.

Putnam

Post by Putnam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:01 pm

Dephcon wrote:Yeah they got home depot in Canada, and its pretty much THE place. We got Rona too, i dunno if that American too or not
Rona is Canadian ;)