What? Where? -> "Bench table"

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

LodeHacker

What? Where? -> "Bench table"

Post by LodeHacker » Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Guys'n'gals,

I'm looking forward to get a "bench table" so I can more seriously start modding PC components. I am having a difficult time finding these kinds of products and none of them seem to be available in Finland. I ultimately lack the time and materials to build one myself and don't really see using a hacksaw on an ancient PC case as an option.

Currently these are potential candidates,
1) Antec Skeleton
2) DimasTech Bench Table Easy V2
3) HSPC Tech Station

A) The Antec Skeleton is available in Finland and with slight modifications can be used as the ultimate bench table. The only con I see is price. Since this is going to be used as an open bench table, electromagnetic emission protection (or whatever) is not mandatory.

B) Very beautiful, extremely customizable, price perfect! I JUST CAN'T FIND THESE ANYWHERE?! I've searched and searched but no electronics or PC store I know sells these (in Finland). If any of the Finnish SPCR members know from where I can import this I would be very glad!

C) I think I would rather buy the Skeleton... these seem over priced and don't have as many functions as the other two mentioned above. I think I'll pass on this one even if it was available in Finland.

--

Please help me I wanna mod my PC and really need a bench table to hold all components. Not really fun to have the motherboard on the table "naked". Thanks!

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Fri May 08, 2009 6:49 am

What you're looking for is something from Digital Cowboy.
Available for example from GeekStuff4U.

Cheers
Olle

Mats

Post by Mats » Fri May 08, 2009 8:55 am

Google is your friend.
They seem to be available in Germany, here.

loimlo

Post by loimlo » Sat May 09, 2009 10:26 am

http://www.scythe.co.jp/case/acts-t.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811166053

ACTS-T looks interesting to me as it's customizable. Btw, Antec Skeleton's ceiling would conflict with huge tower coolers in my experience.

LodeHacker

Post by LodeHacker » Sat May 09, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks for the input!

Those Cowboy products are virtually unreachable to me and don't offer much flexibility. Regarding the Skeleton I would simply take off the top part and use the motherboard tray only for benching purposes.

Umm... a question: Scythe = Sunbeam? Whichever manufactured this the ACTS-T looks wonderful but like the Cowboys are virtually unreachable to me.

loimlo

Post by loimlo » Sat May 09, 2009 11:49 pm

Scythe is the distributor of Sunbeam in Asia. I am sorry to hear ACTS-T isn't available to you.

Xobim

Post by Xobim » Tue May 12, 2009 8:06 am

Have you thought about a removable motherboard tray? Or do you really want a case that mounts all components, but leaves room for full acces to the motherboard?

mcoleg

Post by mcoleg » Tue May 12, 2009 1:27 pm

HSPC Tech Station has one thing going for it and that's simplicity. Might not have some of the functions of the others but sure as heck is easy to use.