Antec SOLO - HDD suspension problem

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

mascotzel

Antec SOLO - HDD suspension problem

Post by mascotzel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:26 am

I have a Solo with revised suspension cord.the problem is that,when I put the drives in,they get quite a bit lower than what I suspect it should be.

I've seen photos around here,and the drives seem to stay at the same level as the hooks.

I'll put a picture to illustrate my point (the picture is taken from the forums)

the cords are the original ones,is it they are wrongly to loose?
tensioning them by rotating doesn't do anything
what should I use instead?

Michael Sandstrom

Post by Michael Sandstrom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:28 am

The drives in my Solo do not droop as much yours seem to. Do you loop the cords once to decrease slack?

kater

Post by kater » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:40 am

Or you could get rid of the heavy & hardcore stuff you keep on the HDD. And I think you got some particularly nasty stuff there, judging by how heavy your HDD is.

Have you tried using the shelves with silicon spacers? Frankly, I never noticed much difference with my previous 3,5" drives, and I definitely felt more secure knowing they were resting on some tangible thing. My P150 is early edition and I was afraid my rubber bands would break one fine day.

danimal

Post by danimal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:38 pm

kater wrote:Or you could get rid of the heavy & hardcore stuff you keep on the HDD. And I think you got some particularly nasty stuff there, judging by how heavy your HDD is.
lol!

my sonata had the same droop, and the cords were brand new... i ended up selling the case, because i didn't want to hassle with re-engineering something that should have been done differently from the beginning.

mascotzel

Post by mascotzel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:35 pm

:D
the thank ships video material must weigh a lot

They used to be on trays and silicone grommets,but unsatisfied(i could clearly hear them) and listening to all the folks that said suspending them is the only way...i did this

for me,looping once seemed too low also...so I've looped more than one time and they ended like that...maybe I've looped them to much and the initial view on things was wrong

right now,the system is disassembled ...I'll put one drive in there and see if I can get some pictures...

still,they seem too loose