Has no one done this yet!?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

c.ruel

Has no one done this yet!?

Post by c.ruel » Sat May 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Has no manufacturer made a case with a plain front, just LED for HDD, power on button, plus some bays for a couple of optical drives, sides and top completely plain, no vents or fans/fan bays? Cooling would be via fans on back (exhaust) and bottom(intake), plus a vent on the bottom for air to enter the psu. I know lots of people like minimalist design so surely someone must have done this! The closest case I can find to this, is the Lian Li A05NB. This case would be me dream case if it just had an extra intake fan on the bottom plus a vent for the psu and was obviously raised up on feet so air could reach the additional vent and intake fan (and some dampening as well!).

Suggestions if anyone knows of a case like this, or if some one has modded this case to make it like how I have described (I found a picture of someone who had put some extra fans on top of this case, but I think this looks messy compared to having them on the bottom).

aztec

Post by aztec » Sat May 22, 2010 7:06 pm

I have the LL case. Its a great case no doubt, and I went for it because if its clean, "plain" look.

Actually, They could have ditched the floppy bezel in the front as well.

If you want a factory-look top exhasut, you could spend a on this. It really keeps the clean look in-tact.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/pr ... dex=74&g=f

c.ruel

Post by c.ruel » Sat May 22, 2010 7:14 pm

haha, I just found that and came on here to post it and see what other people thought! You're right it does keep the clean look intact, just a shame it doesn't come with a 14cm fan on the bottom of the case were it would be out of sight but more importantly wouldn't have a direct path to my ears.

EDIT: how hard would it be to mod the case and put a fan on the bottom plus a vent for psu?