small case rebuilt with 80mm fan or 120mm fan?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Darkpoem

small case rebuilt with 80mm fan or 120mm fan?

Post by Darkpoem » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 am

Hi I am going to build a htpc with the motherboard Asus AT3IonT-I Deluxe and Samsung EcoGreen F2 HD103SI 32MB 1TB and maybe also a blueray drive, slim if needed.

Since the Ion board comes with an external power supply I don't need one in the chassi which give me more room in it.

My first thought was then to buy the ace polly chassi that has room for a 80mm fan but then I started to wonder if there are any chassi that is small and maybe also have room for a 120mm fan if the power supply is not needed.
Does anyone have a good solution for this? If I could fit a 120mm fan then I could run it a lowest speed and get an almost complete silent htpc which works for most things except heavy games.

datapappan

Re: small case rebuilt with 80mm fan or 120mm fan?

Post by datapappan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:08 am

Hi Darkpoem, do you live in Sweden (Tavlesjö)?

Try the almighty prisjakt.nu, here's a link to mITX cases with 120 mm fans.

Simple as that.

Same search on newegg.com, desktop or tower, for example.

(Basically Lian-Li PC-Q08 or Silverstone Sugo SG05/06)

/ d

Darkpoem

Re: small case rebuilt with 80mm fan or 120mm fan?

Post by Darkpoem » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:11 am

Thx but I have used prisjakt several times but I just thought that the chassis that I searched on prisjakt for example was to expensive and to large and I wanted for example take a smaller chassi and use a larger fan.

Since I don't need the space for the power supply I just thought that someone had used a smaller chassi and put a larger fan in it somehow.

So maybe I should rewrtie my question:
Has anyone rebuild a small cheap case so that it fits a 80 or 120mm fan. I donät need the space for the power supply since I will use an external power supply that comes with the motheboard