Team F'm

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

unregistered

Team F'm

Post by unregistered » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:59 pm

Here is a link http://www.teamfm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Have fun! HINT :idea: OPEN forum, means you can post without registering. Guess which post is mine???????? :?:
Last edited by unregistered on Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:07 am

:twisted:

NeilBlanchard

Re: TeamFM

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:06 am

Hello:
unregistered wrote:Here is a link http://www.teamfm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Have fun! HINT :idea: OPEN forum, means you can post without registering. Guess which post is mine???????? :?:
I give up -- which is your post? :P

shathal

Post by shathal » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:52 am

To hazard a guess...

http://www.teamfm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

Shocking behaviour, I say. Not cricket, now is it ;).

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:54 am

You've registered then,...er .. unregistered :? :twisted:

Trust your gonna use your sig. 8)

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:56 am

Yeah, I registered then I went to post and I was still a guest. It doesn't automatically give you the sign on username/password screen like this board because it is "open"

shathal guessed correctly

Somebody added to that string, Looks kinda like Pete's typewriting :?:

Seems like a mellow bunch, could use a little stirring, stirring up some more points for the effort.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:08 am

:roll: :wink:

trodas

Post by trodas » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:16 pm

Fold faster, dudes, so we can overtake them sooner :twisted: :P :twisted: :!:

Fold on! :twisted:

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:26 pm

After taking a closer :shock: look, that board isn't getting any activity.

besides the 2 recent posts by unnamed persons, the last post on that board was over a month ago :!: :!:

Not much to stir in that pot :cry:

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:49 pm

Hey guys! Wassup?! Here is the link to the Team FM Forums that you REALLY want. The other one is a cover! Don't be fooled! :wink: Have fun with it! Siemper Fold!

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/pos ... ccomputing

trodas

Post by trodas » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:23 am

unregistered - true, definitively a quiet hole :roll: But hey, they have some nice links we can borrow (haysdb, are you hearing me? :twisted: ) like these about creating windows based folding farms booting over networka and such :wink: But yea, not any activity :x

Macaholic - hi Christian :wink: When you fix the fact you are no longer 20th folder in world but 21th one? :lol: :wink: :twisted: Just keep provocating you, man, I having a eye in my default folding page infos on your production, so... :wink: You are being watched as example of very powerfull folder :P
What is up? Well, we are preparing transform from such a slow folders to faster yet still silent Sharks that sooner or later catch and eat alive one unknown team #1971, witch if full of many lousy folders :lol:
Do you know that team, Chris? :P
BTW, thanks for the link on the FM forum that shows up a little more activity that the old one, tough still nowhere to near the SPCR rates... :?: I wonder what could happen when more lurkers just join and let their unused computers fold a little proteins for the SPCR team :roll:

Other that that we are doing good, slowly preparing to celebrate the return to first 20 teams in the world :twisted: 8)

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:00 am

Well trodas, I see you left your mark over at futuremark :lol:

If that doesn't stir them up, nothing will. :lol: :lol:

Pete

trodas

Post by trodas » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:51 am

Well, the lazy suxxkas on the FM forum find a easy way how to dealt with someone they did not like:
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

You have been banned from making any new posts or sending private messages. The reason for this ban is: Constantly putting down the folding community, even after I told you to stop it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

...they are realy agressive, but they should more concentrate on their lazy mediocre folding results rather that banning everyone who dare to come and speak freely :lol:

...besides, their whole tread about Sleep@Home was mentioned as funy one, so I added funny (?) remark :roll: :oops:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:11 am

Don't worry about it, they simply have no sense of humor. They are a soft-skinned bunch, aren't they?

David

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:54 am

Ahh... in a few more hours they and we will see things differently.

The Veiw is about to improve.

KWSN will get them straightened out!

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:56 am

:shock:

OMG no, not the nits! Please no!

David

trodas

Post by trodas » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:41 am

Hooray, we overtaken the softskinners (Team Futurebark.com i mean if anyone did not get it already :lol: ), and now let's take a closer look at the SpeedGuide.net team :twisted:

Any volunteers? :lol:

unregistered - looking at the stats it took much more that few hours before the damn NITs overtake them (if ever) :lol: BTW, I would like the soft skinnies from Futurebark on ours back rather - they seems to be pretty much harmless :P And with each new version of Futurebark XXXMark their performance decrease notably too, so... :lol: :wink: :twisted:

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:41 am

Jeez... now there's a thought, the Nits invading the futuremark forums... I mean, can you imagine. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Having read the old posts from when they (Nits) visited OC or OCAu forums which ever it was, I think someone should warn futuremark... or maybe not :twisted:

Pete

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:03 pm

Hey SPCR Folders,

Please Cool It with TeamFM.
Specifically, restrain your deadly good humor over on their forum. I have been requested to pull links to the Team FM forums... which seem a bit OT, esp as our team has passec TeamFM. Presumably this means you won't be heading back to heckle them into more competition and higher output now anyway, right?

Every forum/team has a different tone & approach & it appears some of your rowdier posts may have rubbed them the wrong way.

Let's move on!

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:10 pm

I would hope that our team members have quit posting over at FM. At this point a nice little consulation post would even P them off.

They are a rather Crude bunch::::

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/sho ... =0&fpart=1

That thread demonstrates that perhaps some folding incentives have come their way. Mission accomplished!

Kneed Ni! say more.

IMHO lurking around here has been what got their dander up.

AND for the lurkers Your position IS under New Ownership!

unregistered now wants you (yeah YOU) on his teams threats list!!!!!!

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:57 pm

Maybe, just maybe mind you, they are TIRED of getting served. Is there a benchmark for that?! :lol: FoldMark2004 perhaps?! Get to work on it pronto! :wink: Siemper Fold!

jbyram2a

Post by jbyram2a » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:53 am

Macaholic wrote:Maybe, just maybe mind you, they are TIRED of getting served. Is there a benchmark for that?! :lol: FoldMark2004 perhaps?! Get to work on it pronto! :wink: Siemper Fold!
Thank you Macaholic. That is exactly right. We are tired of it.

We started our team #62 the DAY Fah 2.0 went out of Beta testing, and rose to #6. Ahead of [H]ardforum even (who had other priorities then).

Unfortunately our host site Futuremark.com has no interest in Folding@home, so we get no advertisements on the front page, no links from the Main FAQ, just a li'l forum at the very bottom of the main index. Any recruitment threads in other forums are moderated and moved. Many good folders have gotten fed up, and moved to other teams.

Anyone who could be motivated by taunting has already maxxed them selves out, since we have been passed so often. We appreciate the effort to motivate us, and I stirred the pot a little by starting the thread above. Unfortunately, instead of the taunting match (which I myself enjoy), it turned ugly with bannings etc., for which I am sorry.

OK, OK, enough Whining :( :cry: . Could you all slow down enough for us to catch you, so we can kiss and make up??? :oops:

All kidding aside, we are all folding for the same team, The Stanford Team, fighting against deadly diseases. Fold on, and don't wait for us.

Retro_Phil

Post by Retro_Phil » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:10 am

jbyram2a wrote:Unfortunately our host site Futuremark.com has no interest in Folding@home, so we get no advertisements on the front page, no links from the Main FAQ, just a li'l forum at the very bottom of the main index. Any recruitment threads in other forums are moderated and moved. Many good folders have gotten fed up, and moved to other teams.
Hey, why don't you just join a team that cares ? Like team 31574, as a completely RANDOM example ? :lol:

trodas

Post by trodas » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:43 am

Dunno why, but I just don't feel this team number is fully random anyway :lol: :P
...when I look at my numlock keyboard, I see the numbers 31574 creating a nice half-arrow pointing up, to yours destiny :twisted:

OTOH, linking up 6 and 2 show a right downside trajectory :roll:

Dunno what this means :lol:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:17 am

jbyram2a,

I appreciate your comments and empathize with your position. It's hard to maintain interest where there is "nowhere to go but down." That's not meant as an insult, just an observation. We lost our #2 folder (Lockheed) some months back because he got "bored", so he moved to another team where he could rise through the ranks again. The important thing is that he is still folding, even if it's not for us.

David

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:03 am

Offf, ok the guys at FM are bored and don't care as much now but what about the guys at MacRumors? Either I s**k at taunting or they s**k at competition or seeing anything else except their own Mac world.

I really got the urge to get them furious with Mac taunting but that's bad form and I didn't want to do it under SPCR name.

Macaholic, I can't believe you raced these guys, absolutely no ambition in them.

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:24 am

I'm sure they are still bent out of shape over the jethroted scandal. I'd probably not touch them with a ten foot pole. I saw your post. Pretty innocuous. :wink: Of course, most of the people that replied had little or no sense of humor when we had our 'merry-go-round'. Just in case you guys did not notice, another F@h installer is making the rounds on p2p networks. Check out the link below. I'd say it's time to be proactive instead of reactive! Carpe Fold!

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=8368

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:30 am

I'm going to have to make a trip over to the OSX and EOC forums to see what kind of dialog you are having.

From what I understand another overclocking forum opted to join EOC's folding team instead of creating their own. Should be VERY interesting!!!!!!!

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:53 am

Have fun! You WON'T be dissappointed! The mayhem is spread out over several threads! A taunting army of one! :wink: Foldin' is golden!