Attack of the woe-macs

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Michael_qrt

Attack of the woe-macs

Post by Michael_qrt » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:09 pm

I dunno about everyone else but for the last few weeks I've been riding high on a wave of big tinkers, scoring more than my usual quota of points. However over the last week the supply of these big Tinkers has dried up and my machine is stuck folding units that are worth about 2/3 as many points in a given time on my AthlonXP. These either seem to be the big gromacs or the ones worth about 59 points.

So has everyone else felt the attack of the woemacs as hard as I have? I went from 1400points in a week to just 850 the next for the same ammount of folding time.

by the way I don't really mind that much since it all goes towards the science but I'd just like to make sure I'm not just being unlucky here. And it was nice being blue for a while on EOC stats. It's been funny how roles have been reversed from the old sTinkers to the new woemacs as the units everyone hopes to avoid. However I don't suppose it matters much for all of you P4 users out there.

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by acaurora » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:05 pm

I don't think you should be worrying about your score. You're dedicating your idle CPU cycles to research and development. That's what matters :P

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:26 am

Michael_qrt, your right about the points varying a lot on AMD's. When the points were first ... 're-aligned', things were much better, now however they seem to vary a great deal again. :?

acaurora, your right, the points don't matter... as long as I'm in front of the_crate. :twisted:

Pete

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by acaurora » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:30 am

... -_-;;

Michael_qrt

Post by Michael_qrt » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:30 pm

Well last week may have been the attack of the woemacs but seemingly this week might be the glorious honeymoon of the 500 frame Tinks. From the examples I've seen so far they net the same ppd as the big Tinks if not better while being a bit more "bite sized".

Anyway I did make a comment about how the points are in many ways kind of irrelevant to the real aims of the project. However they do make it much more fun to fold and I dare say that the project would be in much worse stead had they not decided to implement a stats system.

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:48 pm

Truth be known.,... :twisted:

I saw you climbing and getting close,,!!!!! :roll:

so I took the time to write the Pande group,........(pen and paper,no doubt) :idea:

requesting that I get the high scoring tinkers and they distribute the lower scoring "new gromacs" evenly amongst others. :D

My plan is working!!!! :wink:

I will demand that they distribute the lower scoring WU's to other teams members, in my next letter. :oops: