Folding behind a proxy

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Michael_qrt

Folding behind a proxy

Post by Michael_qrt » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:26 am

OK guys I've just moved back on campus and now access the internet through the university network. Naturally this means I'm behind a proxy server. I currently have no idea how to set up the F@H client to work behind a proxy so my folding efforts have come grinding to a halt.

Can anyone tell me how this might be set up please? If it helps there is an auto configuration script that is used for browsing websites etc. and we have to enter our username/password each time we open a new explorer window or open an app which wants a connection.

Thanks for any help.

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:03 am

Yes you can run it behind a proxy server.

I run a few clients behind a proxy server. They are all the console versions and if I remember correctly, during the configuration process I told it not to use IE's settings, told it that it would access through a proxy, gave my proxy server's name and the port that it should use. I think there were configuration options for username and password also.

You'll probablly have to reconfigure the client. I just edit my .cfg file in the application directory, but that is because I run all my clients with the -local flag to avoid having to mess with the registry.

Sorry, I don't have more detailed information right now. I'll try and look up some more info when I get the chance, otherwise someone else might be able to give you more detailed information or information about other versions.

Good luck and borg some of your friends PCs while your at it :wink:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:28 pm

Run the client with the -config or -configonly flag.

David

Michael_qrt

Post by Michael_qrt » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:08 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Now its all set up to go, and with all the noise around at college its quiet enough so I can leave it on 24 hours a day.