trouble with EOC Stats, an update

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

NullObject

trouble with EOC Stats, an update

Post by NullObject » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:57 pm

jason@EOC wrote:was fixing some little bugs last night, when I came across something that once I dug deeper, ended up being a seriuos problem.

Stanford changed user's points to be a whole number, before each person's could have a couple decimal points... Well this screwed up some things when it would compare scores. So I'm basically going to have to dump the table and reload data.

On the other hand, team scores still have decimals, which is weird since the members of the team don't...

So to eliminate this from happening again in the future, I've just rounded all points off to a whole number.

I'm only going to reload like a weeks worth of data, but this is going to put a delay in the stats coming online...

and later in the thread

Yes, the old & new stats updated independently so there won't be any gap.

However I've been spending the last few hours manually reloading stats, so a couple updates from today will be missing.

About color codes - I tried adding a few more colors in, but then the pages started looking like a rainbow (it just didn't look right). The old stats had 6 colors, the new have 7.

Anyhow - Looks like the best ETA for the new stats page is going to be tomorrow (the 12th)... After all this data reloads I've still got other stats pages to fix and last minute calculations to add...
When Stanford's stats went down, it was harder for me to deal with since I was more of a newbie than I am now and I could watch myself pass people with every update, but I'm starting to really miss those stats already.

On the bright side, I won't have to see anyone on my threats list for a little longer. Then I think I will have threats and be passed for the first time in my really short folding career. :x

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: trouble with EOC Stats, an update

Post by dasman » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:15 pm

NullObject wrote:On the bright side, I won't have to see anyone on my threats list for a little longer. Then I think I will have threats and be passed for the first time in my really short folding career. :x
To throw a cloud into your bright side -- Nullobject's threats

For the first time since ARM and wgragg I have a threat -- I figure you and I can share the same one. Damn you D. Bailey, where'd you come from? :evil: :?: :!:

Dave

NullObject

Re: trouble with EOC Stats, an update

Post by NullObject » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:31 pm

dasman wrote:To throw a cloud into your bright side -- Nullobject's threats

For the first time since ARM and wgragg I have a threat -- I figure you and I can share the same one. Damn you D. Bailey, where'd you come from? :evil: :?: :!:

Dave
Thanks for the info Dave, really I do mean it! :evil:

I was going by the philosophy that if it EOC's stats don't show it then it doesn't exist :wink: I know, I do have blinders on but I've been told that it is much better to view the world as you would like it to be than it is to view it how it actually is.

I Joined after the wgragg and ARM freight trains had left the station.

As for D Bailey, he starts off like he is worried about being able to produce enough points to pass anybody other than the inactive folders and then WHAM, his production skyrockets the next day. :shock: :shock: :shock: I think he was doing a rope-a-dope to lull everyone in a false sense of security.

monkiman
Friend of SPCR
Location: Seattle, WA -- *Active* member of the SPCR Folding@Home team!

Post by monkiman » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:39 pm

Both NullObject and D_Bailey have moved to the top of my threats list - and are coming up fast

Douglas Bailey
Friend of SPCR

Post by Douglas Bailey » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:21 pm

What can I say! Since I started a week ago yesterday, I've been trying to talk everyone I know into folding for me, lol. This is totally fun. And since we know the science part is worthwhile, it feels good on another level too.

Sooooo big boys... I'll keep snapping at any heels I can for a while.

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:36 pm

Douglas Bailey wrote:What can I say! Since I started a week ago yesterday, I've been trying to talk everyone I know into folding for me, lol. This is totally fun. And since we know the science part is worthwhile, it feels good on another level too.

Sooooo big boys... I'll keep snapping at any heels I can for a while.
With your production, I think you will be able to snap at a lot of heels for quite a while. :wink:

I hear folding is even more fun if you go RED :D

Not that I would know :roll:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:11 pm

Come and get me. :D

David

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:16 pm

WOW !!! :shock: :shock: ...

...A thread entirely full of posts by top 60+ers 8) 8) 8)

........... er............DOH!!.......

Sorry Boys :oops: :oops:

Pete (the unworthy) Amer :oops:

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:45 pm

peteamer wrote:WOW !!! :shock: :shock: ...
...A thread entirely full of posts by top 60+ers 8) 8) 8)
........... er............DOH!!.......
Sorry Boys :oops: :oops:
Pete (the unworthy) Amer :oops:
I think I slipped into the top 60 after this thread started.

And Pete, don't be so down on youself. D Bailey posted and he hasn't passed you.....yet :wink:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:04 pm

The new stats are up, such as they are. There's not much there yet, just the team and member lists - no graphs, conquest/overtake dates, etc.. Jason admits he's not happy with the colors yet, which I'm grad to hear, because I REALLY don't like the new colors. What color is that for 600 points per day anyway, brown? Maybe the font just needs to be bolder. The colors just don't stand out anymore.

Red now requires 1.2K PPD, which means I have been "demoted" to orange until I can add another 200 PPD to my production. Inflation! I'm not arguing with that change though.

I'm just glad to see them back. I have missed the EOC stats.

David

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:12 am

Bleah... the colors aren't working with Opera.

Oh well, hadn't really been missing them anyway.

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:32 am

Yeah - I'm not seeing any colours (yet) in Firebird either.

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:45 am

Yeah, the brown and orange seem too close in color to each other. I thought the dark background on the old page was better. The EOC stats page is much easier to read than Arachnid, tho. I think it's the frames around the data that's distracting.

Thanks to Jason for getting this going.

M

Edit: Colors ok in IE.

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:38 am

No colors in Safari either. I think Opera, Firebird, and Safari use a similar engine if I am not mistaken. Fold on!

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:52 am

Zyzzyx wrote:Bleah... the colors aren't working with Opera.

Oh well, hadn't really been missing them anyway.
I was wondering why nothing was color coded yet. Duh! I should have though checked the stats in a browser other than IE.

In my case I do miss the colors. I'm not sure I miss them enough to use IE though. The brown and orange thing isn't too bad for me. I agree that trying another color might improve things, as long as the colors work well together. Using brown is much better than the old color of yellow since yellow would be unreadable with this font and background.

I look forward to seeing what other features he adds.

haysdb, watching you go from orange to sometimes red to solidly in the red with a 1000ppd makes me think that you will scrounge up a couple hundred more ppd somewhere. :wink:

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dasman » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:05 pm

Ditto on the colors -- but I think it's the white background (and I think the old text may have been bold) that's the problem. The thin text on the white background -- just doesn't stand out.

What do you guys think about the colors now being based on 24hr production instead of 7 day? Seems like peoples colors may bounce around with only a 24hr production (or, is it avg 24hr production over 7 days now?) I guess we'll see once we get a week or so into the new stats...

Dave

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:43 pm

I miss the team detailed stats. The "upcomming conquests" "threats list" and mostly "New Members". How do we monitor and maintain our Welcome new members sticky?

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:00 pm

The colors are based on an average daily production, which I believe is averaged over a 7 day period.

The features we miss will be back, as Jason has time to implement them. He is also tweaking with the colors and the font. It's much more of a juggling act than I knew, what with all the different browsers.

David

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:47 pm

tangled wrote:Colours are working now in Galeon (Mozilla engine). Should work in Firebird/Firefox also.
Yup - Firebird/fox is fine.

geordie
Friend of SPCR

Post by geordie » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:19 am

Threats / conquests are also done now.

Look out cosine - I'll be coming past in 5304 days :lol: