What are you listening to right now?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:42 am

Amorphis - Moon And Sun Part II - North's Son

scaryduck

Post by scaryduck » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:23 pm

Four Tet - Smile Around The Face

Locklear

Post by Locklear » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Angelic - Can´t Keep Me Silent

mpgalvin

Post by mpgalvin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:32 pm

Paradigm - George Clinton featuring (!Prince)

nici

Post by nici » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:23 am

Weldingheart wrote:
klankymen wrote:i seem to see a lot of metal and classical music in here, bet i'm the only member of this site who listens to hip hop.
:D quite surprising me to see some metal listener here,since metal might generalized as "not quiet to listen kind", I listen to Eurodance/Trance too,they sound(and look)sexy
I listen to all of that :lol: I mean i like some hip hop and rap too, and listen to eurodance/eurobeat/trance/rave watever :lol: Though i especially like Belgian artists with female vocalists.
nici wrote: In case anyone is wondering, its a Finnish band that "sings" in Swedish. Both languages are official in Finland, and i belong to the minority who has Swedish as my native language. At least i like to say so, i speak both languages just as well :)
Weldingheart wrote: So does the polka/hummpa origin from Sweden or Finland?
Humppa is, AFAIK, from Finland. Dont know the origin of Polka, they seem closely related anyway.

And dont mistake Finntroll for Humppa, its "Trollmetal" wich includes some elements of humppa/polka and its best enjoyed in company of alcohol :mrgreen:(for those who haven´t heard Finntroll)
Weldingheart wrote: btw seems that Finnish words differ alot from the other,while the other language like Swedish,Norway,Deutsch,French,etc got alot of similarity with English (my history knowledge is bad,but I think English itself origins from Nordic language?)
Finnish is not related to any of those languages, Swedish is however realated to at least Norwegian, Danish, German, and English i think. They are all "Germanian" languages. Im not shure if germainian is te correct the correct term in english.

IIRC Finnish is rated as one of the most difficult languages to learn in the world, with traditional Chiinese and a couple others in front. Theres like a million diferent ways to "bend" a word, so for example immigrants have a very hard time learning the language wich in turn leads to some problems..

LASGO - Feelings

Weldingheart

Post by Weldingheart » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:26 am

mpgalvin wrote:Paradigm - George Clinton featuring (!Prince)
Wow our very own moderator there :lol:
nici wrote: I listen to all of that :lol: I mean i like some hip hop and rap too, and listen to eurodance/eurobeat/trance/rave watever :lol: Though i especially like Belgian artists with female vocalists.
Evi Goffin is well endowed right? :)
I prefer Verena,don't know where she goes after leaving Groove Coverage(best IMO),her voice is more characterized for GC,and she's cute too :D

however female in metal got more class and got lots of exotic feel,how can I forget Dismal Euphony's Keltziva&Elin(RIP),Tarja,Cristina Scabbia(Forza!),Sharon den Adel,Vibeke Stenne,etc(please add)
nici wrote: Humppa is, AFAIK, from Finland. Dont know the origin of Polka, they seem closely related anyway.

And dont mistake Finntroll for Humppa, its "Trollmetal" wich includes some elements of humppa/polka and its best enjoyed in company of alcohol :mrgreen:(for those who haven´t heard Finntroll)
Just beware not to go outside your house on icy winter then, oh I think that you should also wear your helmet and leg holsters when listening to it while dancing trollishly. :lol:

Within Temptation-In Perfect Harmony

nici

Post by nici » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:06 am

Weldingheart wrote:
nici wrote: I listen to all of that :lol: I mean i like some hip hop and rap too, and listen to eurodance/eurobeat/trance/rave watever :lol: Though i especially like Belgian artists with female vocalists.
Evi Goffin is well endowed right? :)
Can´t argue on that.. :)
Weldingheart wrote:
I prefer Verena,don't know where she goes after leaving Groove Coverage(best IMO),her voice is more characterized for GC,and she's cute too :D
Wikipedia says Verena was only a back-up singer in Groove Coverage and was the lead singer in Dune.

Not heard of Verena myself before though.
Weldingheart wrote: however female in metal got more class and got lots of exotic feel,how can I forget Dismal Euphony's Keltziva&Elin(RIP),Tarja,Cristina Scabbia(Forza!),Sharon den Adel,Vibeke Stenne,etc(please add)
Not heard of Dismal Euphony and can´t find a torrent for some music, i sometimes download albums and check if i like an artist i´ve never heard of before and if i do then i go out and buy the album.. I managed to find some Tristania and Lacuna Coil though, but they only have one or two seeds so im not holding my breath..

I already have Nightwish albums, Century Child on Vinyl too, and the most recent Within Temptation. Tarja and Sharon den Adel.
Weldingheart wrote:
nici wrote: Humppa is, AFAIK, from Finland. Dont know the origin of Polka, they seem closely related anyway.

Just beware not to go outside your house on icy winter then, oh I think that you should also wear your helmet and leg holsters when listening to it while dancing trollishly. :lol:
Ill be shure to keep that in mind when i do :lol:

EDIT: Lots of quotes to fix.. Also forgot to say what im listening to.. Within Temptation - Dangerous Mind
Last edited by nici on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

qviri

Post by qviri » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:08 am

U2 - [The Best of 1990-2000 B-Sides #04] Electrical Storm [4:25]

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:53 am

La Bottine Souriante - Y a Ben du Changement

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:47 am

Children Of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

Weldingheart

Post by Weldingheart » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:09 pm

nici wrote:
Weldingheart wrote:
Wikipedia says Verena was only a back-up singer in Groove Coverage and was the lead singer in Dune.

Not heard of Verena myself before though.
The wikipedia entry I believe is rather new-which might refer to present band constellation(I haven't find it in mid-2005).Verena was the main vocalist of GC,these particular video clips/songs sang by Verena are IMO catchy and classic GC,go ahead download them:
Moonlight Shadow =>think she's cute here
God is A Girl
The End
source:www.eurodancehits.com&Groove Coverage
nici wrote:
Weldingheart wrote: however female in metal got more class and got lots of exotic feel,how can I forget Dismal Euphony's Keltziva&Elin(RIP),Tarja,Cristina Scabbia(Forza!),Sharon den Adel,Vibeke Stenne,etc(please add)
Not heard of Dismal Euphony and can´t find a torrent for some music, i sometimes download albums and check if i like an artist i´ve never heard of before and if i do then i go out and buy the album.. I managed to find some Tristania and Lacuna Coil though, but they only have one or two seeds so im not holding my breath..
Dismal Euphony(yes it's Keltziva on the cover of Soria Moria...) was a very influencing Norwegian Atmospheric/Majestic (National Romantic Black Metal it called),back in 1995-1997 when Norwegian/Swedish BM very proliferic (I wish I could get time machine to get more records from those time :cry: ).
They signed to Napalm Records(great bands' lair),frozen in ice after 2001...
I could only find the remaining italian fanpage with not decent soundsamples

Yeah I also not so keen on Tristania also Lacuna Coil,but the allure of italian beauty that stir me on :lol:

Still none beats Tarja on that operatic voice,she got a little chubby cheek too :D

Norther-Mirror of Madness

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:39 am

Leaves' Eyes - Lovelorn

nici

Post by nici » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:48 am

Weldingheart wrote: The wikipedia entry I believe is rather new-which might refer to present band constellation(I haven't find it in mid-2005).Verena was the main vocalist of GC,these particular video clips/songs sang by Verena are IMO catchy and classic GC,go ahead download them:
Moonlight Shadow =>think she's cute here
God is A Girl
The End
source:www.eurodancehits.com&Groove Coverage

Linky no worky.. Problems with the server or something. The End and Holy Virgin worked but the rest gave me an error message that the fie is not found on the server.. :/ Anyway those two didnt sound bad :)

Dismal Euphony(yes it's Keltziva on the cover of Soria Moria...) was a very influencing Norwegian Atmospheric/Majestic (National Romantic Black Metal it called),back in 1995-1997 when Norwegian/Swedish BM very proliferic (I wish I could get time machine to get more records from those time :cry: ).
They signed to Napalm Records(great bands' lair),frozen in ice after 2001...
I could only find the remaining italian fanpage with not decent soundsamples
My italian is quite bad..
:lol:

not listening to anything right now...

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:26 am

801 Live - Manzanera, Eno et. al.

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:55 pm

Celtic Frost - Nocturnal Fear

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:14 pm

Weldingheart wrote: ...however female in metal got more class and got lots of exotic feel,how can I forget Dismal Euphony's Keltziva&Elin(RIP),Tarja,Cristina Scabbia(Forza!),Sharon den Adel,Vibeke Stenne,etc(please add)
Dismal Euphony is great. I love the Autumn Leaves album.

Np. Bal-Sagoth - The Dark Liege of Chaos is Unleashed At The Ensorcelled Shrine of Azura-Kai (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire Part II)

Gotta love that song name... I remember back in the days when I (and my friends) could still remember Bal-Sagoth song names by heart :).

nici

Post by nici » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:29 pm

I just ordered all the Dismal Euphony albums though i have yet to hear a song by them.. :mrgreen: But if its recommended by SPCR it must be great :wink:

Bal-Sagoth.. That name has kind of a heavy deathish ring to it :lol:

Finntroll - Människopesten. Just popped it into the cd-drive to see if it helps me keep awaek. I have to get up in 24hours, and if i go to bed now i cant sleep the next night and all goes poopoo. SO i have to try and stay awae for at least 12h houthrs still.. aargh. im not even shure if i can hear the music, it just sorta goes past the ears or summit.

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:48 pm

Dismal Euphonys has a fitting name for the music they play.

Bal-Sagoth is quite hard to define. It has pretty unique sound. It's really hard to put it under any category. I would probably call it epic metal something not to be confused with power metal, as Bal-Sagoths sound is more grimm. Their first album was kindof death metalish. They were supposed to play in Tuska festival last summer, but they canceled :(

nici

Post by nici » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 pm

Erssa wrote:Dismal Euphonys has a fitting name for the music they play.

Bal-Sagoth is quite hard to define. It has pretty unique sound. It's really hard to put it under any category. I would probably call it epic metal something not to be confused with power metal, as Bal-Sagoths sound is more grimm. Their first album was kindof death metalish. They were supposed to play in Tuska festival last summer, but they canceled :(
Dismal Euphony, depressing harmony of sound?

Maybe i should get a Bal-Sagoth album and give it a try.. any recommendations? Or should a just try and download a discography and decide for myself if i like it..

Groove Coverage - Holy Virgin(Tekhouse Mix)

Erssa

Post by Erssa » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:18 am

My favourite Bal-Sagoth albums are Power Cosmic and Atlantis Ascendant I also think they are the most user friendly. My ex-girlfriend used to hate Bal-Sagoth :) Some people might find it a bit irritating.

np. Hecate Enthroned - The Danse Macabre

vEnEx

Post by vEnEx » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:26 am

Sigur Ros - Svefn-G-Englar

nici

Post by nici » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:45 am

Erssa wrote:My favourite Bal-Sagoth albums are Power Cosmic and Atlantis Ascendant I also think they are the most user friendly. My ex-girlfriend used to hate Bal-Sagoth :) Some people might find it a bit irritating.
Okay... :)

D.A.D. - Sleeping My Day Away. since thats what i´ve been doing, sitting here and trying to stay awake with poor results.. :mrgreen:

Dirty-Harry

Post by Dirty-Harry » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:00 am

What am I listening to now? The fan on my Dell D600 laptop. It's to loud!!! And I'm sitting in a large office with 20+ other people and I can still hear it. :P :P :P
Last edited by Dirty-Harry on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

nici

Post by nici » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:00 am

Since we are on the topic of female artists.. Katie Melua might not be metal exactly, but i certainly enjoy her music and shes not bad looking either 8) She writes most of her songs herself too :) Theres some videos under the Media tab, and a high quality video on the front page. That one is worth watching, its quite weird and original imo :wink:

Katie Melua - On the road again

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:03 am

Machaut - Vieles et voix du Moyen Age - Bonnardot, et. al.

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:13 am

Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina

nici

Post by nici » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:18 am

NoizEnvader wrote:Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina
Do you understand Finnish? Just curious :P

Groove Coverage - Beat just goes

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:07 am

This is 'pick an interesting looking album from Dad's collection' month. Today's choice:

The B-52's - Planet Claire

tay
Friend of SPCR

Post by tay » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:28 am

B-52s were a fun band. Now for something completely different.

Wagon Christ : Sunset Boulevard.

Edit : These are enqued :)

Four tet - Everything Ecstatic

Mary J Blige - The Breakthrough (this album has a good version of One with Bono).
Last edited by tay on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

nici

Post by nici » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:33 am

tay wrote:B-52s were a fun band. Now for something completely different.
Now for something completely different. :lol:

Not listening to anything now, but had to post a monty soundboard when you said that :mrgreen: