gaming and an old man

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

colm

gaming and an old man

Post by colm » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Now that I am 37, and ancient, like a prescott cpu, and an 87 subaru..both going for world records in perfect runtime...

I decided to step up to an infinty ward game called modern warfare 2...
it has been 6 years since I bought a game...

what happened? the exact same error as call of duty 1...6 years ago...in a galaxy far far away...black screen, hear sound, decides to come back every few minutes then disappear again. I do remember applying a patch for cod1 to make it play, but today, the billionares can just shove it up the arese it came from, I deleted all 11gb of it.
:)

"I am getting too old for this sh*t" :roll:

danimal

Post by danimal » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 am

37 is not old... i'm 56, and every few months i renew an addiction to far cry and crysis... i play non-stop, until carpal tunnel wrecks my mouse arm, i can't play anymore, and i have to switch hands for normal computer use.

your pc probably didn't have enough horsepower to play that game.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 am

Old is anything older than you. Young is any age younger than you.

But you knew that.

colm

Post by colm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 pm

danimal wrote:37 is not old... i'm 56, and every few months i renew an addiction to far cry and crysis... i play non-stop, until carpal tunnel wrecks my mouse arm, i can't play anymore, and i have to switch hands for normal computer use.

i don't need kids adivce, built and sold a dozen...horspeower is for ricers...gimme the torque anyday.

Don't make me mention my injuries...my 60 year old dad is trucking around alot more than I... :roll:

if you must know the error...my old machine is too fast. It is the smallest machine on thier list...but maybe they did not account for a 725mhz vid card paired to it. Vid encodng has been spectacular, that is the bigger goal, (excellent syncher-- sure thing every time.) not about to go crazy with cores... :wink:

danimal

Post by danimal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 am

lol @ the disjointed rambling :lol:

ces

Post by ces » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:01 am

colm wrote:
danimal wrote:37 is not old... i'm 56, and every few months i renew an addiction to far cry and crysis... i play non-stop, until carpal tunnel wrecks my mouse arm, i can't play anymore, and i have to switch hands for normal computer use.

i don't need kids adivce, built and sold a dozen...horspeower is for ricers...gimme the torque anyday.

Don't make me mention my injuries...my 60 year old dad is trucking around alot more than I... :roll:

if you must know the error...my old machine is too fast. It is the smallest machine on thier list...but maybe they did not account for a 725mhz vid card paired to it. Vid encodng has been spectacular, that is the bigger goal, (excellent syncher-- sure thing every time.) not about to go crazy with cores... :wink:
Calm down. It's not like we are talking about health care or something. :)