What are you listening to right now?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dago
Patron of SPCR

Post by dago » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:49 am

Rammstein - Rosenrot

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:31 am

This is Spinal Tap - OST

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:24 am

Wow, it seems the "What are you listening to right now?" thread is becoming very popular across many forums.

Well, I'm currently listening to a band from my home land, called :
Within Temptation - Album - The Silent Force
Rammstein - Rosenrot
Wicked album.

nici

Post by nici » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:54 pm

NoizEnvader wrote:Wow, it seems the "What are you listening to right now?" thread is becoming very popular across many forums.
Yes it is, i started one almost four years ago on one forum and its still going strong with 12 664 replies, and keep in mind this is on a finnish bicycling forum... :lol: Great forum, but tiny compared to even SPCR.
NoizEnvader wrote: Well, I'm currently listening to a band from my home land, called :
Within Temptation - Album - The Silent Force
You are Dutch and live in South Africa? just curious.. :roll:

Still its a great album imo, theres just something about female vocalists.. :)
NoizEnvader wrote:
Rammstein - Rosenrot
Wicked album.
Wicked album indeed, though i prefer the older Rammstein production more. I would say Sensucht is my favourite.

nici

Post by nici » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:39 pm

I forgot to say what im listening to, im listening to Eurobeat. Just got ~20Gb worth of it downloaded, 160 Super Eurobeat albums only released in Japan. :lol: http://www.eurobeat.se/

Christine - It´s a Beautiful Life

I listen to quite a wide range of music, all kinds of Metal to Classical, Pop to Electronic music.. Basically anything that sounds good to my ears :)

nici

Post by nici » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:55 pm

Björn Rosenström - Hultfredsfestivalen, from the album Pop På Svenska

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 pm

Artist(s) unknown - A las Barricadas

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:00 am

Bach - Sonatas & Partitas for Solo Violin - S. Kuijken

Dirty-Harry

Post by Dirty-Harry » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:03 am

Metallica - And justice for all...

nici

Post by nici » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:56 am

Dirty-Harry wrote:Metallica - And justice for all...
Great album, i remember buying it at the airport for 69FIM when we went to the canary islands about ten years ago.. 8) I was about 10 years old, and listened to the album on repeat the whole holiday :lol: Now i have a sudden urge to listen to Blackened, but cant find the bloody album :x

Oh well, i found Slayers Divine Intervention, that´ll do :)

ImageImageSlayer - Dittohead ImageImage

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:11 am

You are Dutch and live in South Africa? just curious.. :roll:
Of Dutch origin yes, was born in South Africa though.
Still its a great album imo, theres just something about female vocalists.. :)
Especially when they are as good looking ....and yes she's got an amazing voice.

My cousins send me the 'Silent Force' - Tour (DVD) for X-Mas, finished watching it last night. Brilliant stuff.

Edit: - Listening to misc. Therion tracks right now.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:44 am

Shakti - Saturday Night in Bombay

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:10 am

Sigur Ros - Takk

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:50 am

Jan Garbarek/Bobo Stenson Quartet - Witchi-Tai-To

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:00 am

Loreena McKennitt - The Book of Secrets

Weldingheart

Post by Weldingheart » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:36 pm

Dark Tranquillity - Punish My Heaven

If I had wings, would I be forgiving?
If I had horns
Would there be flames to shy my smile?
Punish my heaven

spolitta

Post by spolitta » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:41 pm

A state of trance episode 229 with Armin Van Buuren. :lol:

its gonna play for me until 2006. 8)

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:20 am

V/A - Space 'n Bass vol. 12

york

Post by york » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:48 pm

Wallflowers- One Headlight

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:57 am

Guillaume Dufay - Complete Secular Music - Medieval Ens. of London

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:48 pm

Opeth - The Grand Conjuration

nici

Post by nici » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:56 pm

Tephras wrote:Opeth - The Grand Conjuration
Ten minutes of metal pleasure :lol: *thumbs up* Opeth Rocks 8) I saw them live not too long ago, and have three signed albums :D I dont think theres any band quite like Opeth, it´s amazing how they have many styles of guitar and singing/growling in one song and it doesnt sound confusing or like a unfinished puzzle.

Weldingheart

Post by Weldingheart » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:23 pm

nici wrote:
Tephras wrote:Opeth - The Grand Conjuration
Ten minutes of metal pleasure :lol: *thumbs up* Opeth Rocks 8) I saw them live not too long ago, and have three signed albums :D I dont think theres any band quite like Opeth, it´s amazing how they have many styles of guitar and singing/growling in one song and it doesnt sound confusing or like a unfinished puzzle.
I personally do not really enjoy their albums since Black Water Park, the best IMO are Orchid and Morningrise, though Still Life and My Arms still follows,but Blackwater Park then come with less mood than previous though darker...

Cynic-Veils of Maya

nici

Post by nici » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:13 am

I have Damnation, Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries. Does Opeth release albums on Vinyl? i love vinyl. I have all Children Of Bodom records on vinyl, except Are You Dead Yet? wich i only have on CD. Have all the CDs too.

If you for some reason have not heard of COB, check out this fun animation. Ze Hamschters, a bunch of hampsters playing a mix or Hatecrew Deathroll and Downfall. There´s a high-res version somewhere but i cant find it now..

And i seem to have broken my soundcard again, the third Creative card to die on me. The left channel works nicely when the miniplug is partially inserted, if i put it all the way in both channels have horrible distortion and noise though they still work. Maybe its the cable. ill check tomorrown. It 10:10AM, i got up at 7PM yesterday and i think i need some sleep.

Oh and right now im listening to my whining ears, dont know why but for some reason my ears start to whine when im realy tired. So im listening to that, very entertaining.

Oh and in case anyone else feels as depressed as i do, watch EndOfWorld, maybe it will brighten up your day. It didnt work for me. and make shure you dont break your soundcard before watching the end of the world.

NoizEnvader

Post by NoizEnvader » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:08 am

Of The Wand And The Moon - Misc. Tracks

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:20 am

Haydn - Six Quatuors, opus 20 - Quatuor Mosaiques

Dirty-Harry

Post by Dirty-Harry » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:25 am

Rush Limbaugh - Jan 03 2006 - Hour 1

Weldingheart

Post by Weldingheart » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:14 am

nici wrote:I have Damnation, Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries. Does Opeth release albums on Vinyl? i love vinyl. I have all Children Of Bodom records on vinyl, except Are You Dead Yet? wich i only have on CD. Have all the CDs too.

If you for some reason have not heard of COB, check out this fun animation. Ze Hamschters, a bunch of hampsters playing a mix or Hatecrew Deathroll and Downfall. There´s a high-res version somewhere but i cant find it now..

And i seem to have broken my soundcard again, the third Creative card to die on me. The left channel works nicely when the miniplug is partially inserted, if i put it all the way in both channels have horrible distortion and noise though they still work. Maybe its the cable. ill check tomorrown. It 10:10AM, i got up at 7PM yesterday and i think i need some sleep.

Oh and right now im listening to my whining ears, dont know why but for some reason my ears start to whine when im realy tired. So im listening to that, very entertaining.

Oh and in case anyone else feels as depressed as i do, watch EndOfWorld, maybe it will brighten up your day. It didnt work for me. and make shure you dont break your soundcard before watching the end of the world.
I saw Orchid,Morningrise,and Still Life in vinyl here,get those albums,recomended :twisted: however,it's not so easy to get vinyl here compared to there in EU.

COB is another Finn brainchild,love the red,green,and blue album, but then after some period it happened something like the Gothenburg scene where most new bands would implant their hero's sound into their music so that all the bands would play similar style.

however Norther and Kalmah still got different sound, listening to something like Ensiferum really refreshing.COB would always be my fav,though their videos are crap.

The hamsters : WTH?! well think some people really have extra energy to create that kind of thing....oh just remember Telletubies then....

I hope you didn't go too far silencing your Creative nici :lol:

Kitaro - Dr Sun & Ching-Ling

nici

Post by nici » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:51 am

Yeah Ensiferum isn´t bad either :)

Ill try to find the Opeth vinyls somewhere.. :wink:

The Hamster thing is funny imo :lol:

The Creative card is in the mail on the way to Siberia :twisted: Currently using the onboard audio, not terrible but not good either..

The good news is that i got an SMS from Germany today saying that my ESI Juli@ soundcard has been shipped today, woohoo! :D I ordered it from www.thomann.de for 129€+20€ shipping.

btw. my absolute favourite COB album is Tokyo Warhearts, live album recorded in Japan. Quality is as good as studio recordings, but with the nice extra of audience and Laiho swearing drunk between songs :lol: And my favourite part of that album is the keyboard/guitar duel between tracks five and six, it really adds to the sixt track. Sends chills down my spine every time :twisted: If you dont have it, get it!

Sentenced - Vengeance Is Mine "A dozen of eyes for an eye, vengeance is mine!"

nici

Post by nici » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:02 am

I had to dig out the Tokyo Warhearts album, the "War Of Razors" is amazing followed by Deadnight Warrior ImageImage
That´s what im listening to right now 8)

Time to breed some F*cking HATE(speach), Hatebreeder.

Downfall is also amazing, especially the beginning, chills down the spine again!

All these tunes sound better on this album than on Something Wild and Hatebreeder wich were the only albums released before this was recorded. They actually decided to make the record after the gig, just because it sounded so bloody good :D They had no serious plans on doing a live album when going to Japan, but the recording was so good they decided to make a live album.