Small Favour Please? Takes Seconds If You Have Got MS Office

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sitalchauhan

Small Favour Please? Takes Seconds If You Have Got MS Office

Post by sitalchauhan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:52 am

I have got an important file that was sent to myself.
It is a list of some DJing music: artists and tracknames.

However, the person sent the file as a .MDI file (MS Office Document Imaging File) saved through Office 2003.

I have only got Office 2000, so cannot open MDI files.

Office 2003 supports .MDI files, so I am assuming any office newer than 2003 will also support it.

If somebody could open this .MDI file with Office and then save it as a .TIF file and reupload it, I would be extremely grateful. (or any other common file format but it is supposed to be easily saved as a .tiff. You can upload it to rapidshare, etc, or ur own webspace temporarily if you have it)

Supposedly you just open the .MDI file and then "save as..." and choose .tif file type, or "export as .tif" and it is supposed to be extremely simple.

Here is the .MDI file:
http://www.sitalchauhan.pwp.blueyonder. ... icList.MDI

Thanks soo much in advance, you really would be doing me a massive favor as this is quite important :D

nzimmers

converted it

Post by nzimmers » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:30 am

after conversion to .tif it's about 90+ MB ! it's uploading to my server, should be ready to download in about 5 minutes

right click this link and choose "save link as" ...etc

http://www.qpkun.com/images/MusicList.tif

*cheers*

floffe

Post by floffe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am

Yes, TIFFs are notoriously big.

sitalchauhan

Post by sitalchauhan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:47 am

Ive got it sorted now.
Somebody on a different forum found this nifty program if somebody else is interested:
http://www.hot.ee/mdiviewer/

jbw

Post by jbw » Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 am

I have a nifty program called Acrobat that turned it into a 306KB PDF instead of a 92MB image file (which, btw, may not be readable since not all TIFF viewers support multi-page TIFFs). :wink:

Let me know if you want it (the file that is, not the program--alas, not all software is free). I'm offering b/c if you've got a PDF then you're not limited to your own comp (on which you installed the viewer) to view the file.

sitalchauhan

Post by sitalchauhan » Tue May 01, 2007 9:01 am

No its OK thanks, I got got somebody else who was online to do it for me just, to save you the hastle.
Now got a small pdf file :D

Thanks for letting me know :)