Vista software bandwidth monitor figures wrong?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

markyb

Vista software bandwidth monitor figures wrong?

Post by markyb » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:08 am

Ive been using Xp for a long time, and only really had the vista laptop around 4 months. But recently ive had alot of slow download speeds from my ISP So i was trying to find out if i was indeed being limited on the fair usage policy *been with my ISP for 5 years and never been limited* i dont feel ive downloaded excessively.

So i had a program called DUmeter on my last xp box. worked a treat too as i could see what usage id had during the months and days etc.. Ive installed it on my vista laptop, downloaded something around 700mbs and the DUmeter has reported ive downloaded 2.2gb :? :shock: not sure whats going on there. Anyone have any ideas? Ive had a quick serach on google with not much to come back on. :cry:

Connection is ADSL 8mb through a wireless gateway/router *which i think is getting tired*

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:59 am

Have you tried installing the latest version of DU Meter. It's currently 4.16, see http://www.dumeter.com/whatsnew.php. The 4.xx versions have a Windows sidebar gadget which is the easiest way to use it in Vista.

markyb

Post by markyb » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:19 pm

i did install a updated version but not the one in question.. i shall try this. thanks for your reply :)