Which water purifier (help needed)?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Which water purifier (help needed)?

Post by Tzupy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

I am interested in buying and installing in my kitchen a water purifier, since the tap water isn't up to my quality standards.
I looked on Wikipedia, and found this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_purifier
At AmazonUK this 'VYAIR DOMESTIC WATER PURIFIER' seems to be the best available, but the choices were few.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VYAIR-RO-2N-DOM ... 491&sr=8-2
People that already use a water purifier or have good knowledge of them, please give me some insight into the matter.

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tzupy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:41 am

Well, no answer after 4 days, that didn't look good... Since I had no help, I decided to make just a little step and see how it works out.
I ordered a Brita Elemaris XL Water Filter Jug from AmazonUK, if the taste of the filtered water will be OK then I won't need anything else.

DonQ

Post by DonQ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:31 am

I used to use Brita but got tired of having to fill the jugs. I've been happily using Aquasana for a few years. I found a place in Europe, too.

http://www.aquasanaeurope.com/

Good luck!

rustycusak

Post by rustycusak » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 pm

The Eureka Forbes RO Smart seems to have the features of RO filteration, UV filteration and sediment removal all combined @ Rs 9150/-. Plus it looks wall mountable. Anyone tried this model before? The site does not list much information on this model....

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 am

I forget sometimes that I am privileged with my tap water, and it is not only perfectly safe to drink, but I actually like the taste (generic hard water), I dont like soft water.

Most of the people I know around here that have a water filter primarily use it to filter out the limescale before pouring the water into the kettle.

As a question on a slightly different tangent, why do you want/need a filter, you say that the water is not up to standard, is that a health standard, a taste standard, both, or something else.

Andy

Tzupy
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tzupy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 am

I appreciate your answers, but now it's a bit late. I'm waiting for the delivery of the Brita XL and I'll see how good it is.

Until the last days of 2009 I used water from the well in my yard (for washing only), which is heavy in limescale, so I had to buy bottled water or bring better tap water from my parents' place.

So I swicthed to the public water supply. The tap water at my place tastes 'muddy', like the well water in the countryside, so I can't trust it.