Which cooler for an X800 XT-PE

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Leto

Which cooler for an X800 XT-PE

Post by Leto » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:00 am

I'm currently looking at the ATI silencer and the Zalman Reserator. Problem is I don't really know how noisy the ATI silencer is. If it isn't at least as quiet as the CNPS-7000 cooling my p4 I'll just save the money and get a Reserator when I can afford one. Does anyone know how it racks up?

aderyn

Post by aderyn » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:02 pm

Hi

Depending on what your goal with the entire cooler is you might find this very intresting if you didnt know about it earlier.

There is a tool called ATI TOOL with it you can do lots of stuff depending on what card you have but with a x800 card i think everything is possible. I have a powercolor x800xt pe limited edition and searched for a way to get the card quiter that is with a new cooler or by some other solution, right now im currently only using the ATI TOOL program and it works extremly well.

for example with ATI TOOL you can

find best overclock with artifact searching.
monitor temps
dynamicly adjust fan speed according to tempature (this is so nice)
and much more

This tool is a must have http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/
Check this link that shows pictures of temp monitor and fan adjustment
http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/doc/settings2.php
to do a simple test enable Dynamic based GPU tempature and then click reset button and simple enjoy the noise reduction.

I dont have much experience with this tool so if anyone have something to add for good or worse plz feel free to do so.

/Aderyn

akaidiot
Friend of SPCR

Post by akaidiot » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:51 pm

Use the reserator? Just buy the VGA block!

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by acaurora » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:36 pm

I wouldn't go for the Reserator. It doesn't do too well with even moderately-loaded systems, and the temperature gain isn't that, if any, marginal. I have an Athlon XP 3200+, and after folding for a few days, the thing is pretty warm, and nearly "hot". At least it now functions as a room heater as well, which I'm sure would come in handy during the wintertime. The VGA block for the Zalman i highly advise AGAINST. The clamps are super hard, and are a ***** to secure. Try the Danger Den NV68, or the Koolance GPU.