Help! Connecting ATi Silencer 5 to FanMate 2

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

anthonysimilion

Help! Connecting ATi Silencer 5 to FanMate 2

Post by anthonysimilion » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:53 am

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any photos on how to connect the ATi Silencer 5 (it has a three pin connector) to the FanMate 2?

I've tried connecting it, but when I put connect them together the fan does not move. I have also tried connecting the ATi Silencer to a 7V fan connector (which works with other fans), but it doesn't move.

I have just been trying to test it before I install it.

Many thanks in advance! :)

Edit: Is the pin out different? That would explain why it doesn't work - unless the actual fan itself is faulty. :(

mits

Post by mits » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:26 am

Hi,
i have connected my AC5 to a 7V fan connector and it works ok. However you will have to "twist" either the AC5 header or the pin header from the 7V cable in order to match the color of the cables (ie red with red and black with black).

rei

Post by rei » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:39 am

can't you control the fan in atitool?

mits

Post by mits » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:27 pm

[rei]
Yes, i could have connected the AC5 to the card's fan header and control it with atitool. But after having read this http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php? ... ta=6&disc= and various reports that the fan of the AC5 died after some time due to the voltage peaks sent by the LM63 i decided to have it constantly connected at 7 Volts.