Anyone own a NEC LCD2470WVX?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mond

Anyone own a NEC LCD2470WVX?

Post by mond » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:35 am

Does anyone own a NEC LCD2470WVX 24" TN monitor? Not the more expensive WNX.
If so, does it buzz/whine?

There's not a whole lot of information about this model on the interweb.

My attempt to purchase a 24" monitor has so far consisted of returning two Samsung 2443BW's due to excessive buzzing when brightness is lowered :roll:

Thanx.

Pliskin

Post by Pliskin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:25 am

My attempt to purchase a 24" monitor has so far consisted of returning two Samsung 2443BW's due to excessive buzzing when brightness is lowered
I know what you mean, i have the 2243BW (i think that's the name, the 22" one anyways) and it doesn't buzz at lower brightness, but buzzes when i turn it off. I don't even want to begin to realize why this happens, but sometimes i have to unplug it from the wall to sleep. And i threw out all the packaging so i can't rma it, or easily at least.

Haven't heard anything about the NEC monitor you mentioned, but i must say i am disappointed with Samsung this round. I've loved every previous monitor i have had by them.

mond

Post by mond » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:05 pm

To answer my own question: Yes the LCD2470WVX hums, starting below brightness about 90 and getting progressively louder until brightness is about 50, from where the amplitude is constant. The hunt continues.... :x