help: can't force native lcd resolution on 4770

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Ant6n

help: can't force native lcd resolution on 4770

Post by Ant6n » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Hio,

I got a ati 4770, but the drivers don't recognize the native resolution of both my lcd monitor and lcd projector, which are recognized as 1400x900 (vs 1650x1080) and 1024x768 (vs 1280x720). I can 'force' resolution in the catalyst control center, but that will only enable panning. I can add 'hdtv' modes for 720p, but somehow the ccc will forget that setting with every restart, and the resolution doesn't work in games.

I vaguely remember that back in the day, on nvidia cards I could just tell it to use a resolution and it would. This panning thing is the most useless **** ever. It's a bit pointless to have a fancy graphics card like this, but having to run the system at wrong resolutions, that makes everything look warped and ****.

Is there a software/setting that will allow it to either recognize the real resolutions, or add them to the list of 'supported resolutions' or simply force to use them. I've tried ccc, and tried to create a 'driver' with riva tuner but they again only added panning resolutions (although I might've done something wrong).

any help would be appreciated.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:22 am

Hi,

It might help to get the latest INF files for your monitor and projector? Also, there may be some section of the ATi driver where they set the panel "size" separately from the display resolution. This might eliminate the panning...

MoJo

Post by MoJo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:44 am

How are you connecting to the LCD and the projector? If it's by DVI (recommended) or VGA it should auto-detect correctly.

I have noticed that on some monitors with a HDMI connection they report back the wrong resolution (for example, my 24" Benq reports back 1920x1080 instead of 1920x1200 on HDMI, but VGA and DVI are both fine).