XFX vs. Visiontek

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ck8-04

XFX vs. Visiontek

Post by ck8-04 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my 9800GT to a 5850 and I've been spoiled by EVGA's superior service and warranty (they once upgraded me from a 7950GT to an 8800GTS). I haven't purchased an ATI card since the X850XT (this was a Sapphire) and I need help deciding between Visiontek and XFX. I see that both of them offer lifetime warranties, but are either one of them as good as EVGA's? I also can't seem to find a single XFX 5850 with a reference PCB in stock at any online retailer. Newegg still has Visiontek 5850s in stock, though. Should I wait for the XFX card or buy a Visiontek right now? I will be using an aftermarket cooler with the card.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:10 pm

xfx is a good company

visiontek is even better for ATI. real freakin american citizens answer the phones and help you. Very good customer service.

It is the only thing of its kinda aside from thermalright office here and the zalman people, that I know of at least.

if my 5770 was available at the time on Visiontek, I would have bought that. I have the xfx one.

KayDat

Post by KayDat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:01 am

XFX are very flexible with your tinkering with your card though. You can even use an aftermarket cooler, and get an RMA, as long as you replace the cooler to stock.