Water-cooled Dual Core Pentium PC from NEC

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sonofdbn

Water-cooled Dual Core Pentium PC from NEC

Post by sonofdbn » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:08 pm

NEC (now owners of Packard-Bell?) have this on their Singapore website. The blurb states "NEC's water-cooled PC represents the next generation of revolutionary PCs that incorporates advanced water-cooling technology from Japan." It has a Pentium D 830 inside, and claims the noise level is under 30 dBA (how this is measured is not stated).

lazygun

Post by lazygun » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:07 pm

On the datasheet is says that the PSU is 350 watts. I'm currently building a computer of around the same specs, but I calculated that I'll be using around 350 watts (ok ok, at 100% top load which i'll almost never reach, but still). I instead opted for a 430w Seasonic.

I wonder if I needed to. NEC is a big computer company, and I'm sure they test their computers thoroughly.

kloppe

Post by kloppe » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:58 pm

I very much doubt that computer ever draws over 200W. In fact, it's probably much less than that...

A lot of the PSU calculator pages around the web greatly overestimate the power draw of the components, and in any case it's practically impossible to load everything at once.
Not that the Seasonic was a bad choice of course, at least you're future-proofed. ;)

Edit: Huh, I thought it said Pentium M, not D. :oops:
Will draw quite a bit more at load then...