Good 140mm Fan & Heatsink

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

cableguys

Good 140mm Fan & Heatsink

Post by cableguys » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi

I have a Antec Three Hundred, and i get a slight whirring noise coming from the top 140mm fan. It vibrates. I was thinking of getting that yate loon 140mm fan. Is that a good fan ?

And the second problem is that i need a better CPU Cooler. The stock intel fan has a slight noise. so thats a problem, any good heatsinks ? for under $60 ? if the top fan is running i can have the heatsink run as passive mode right ? sucking the hot air out.

Strid

Post by Strid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:37 pm

I have a Yate Loon D14SL-12. When undervolted it's good, but at stock 12 volts, I find it too noisy (well, most would probably say "audible").

What CPU are you running? If it's a quad you probably want to have a fan on the HS, but if it's a low-power CPU, it will be fine fanless with like a Scythe Ninja, Thermalright HR-01 Plus or the likes.

My Xeon E3110 (equal to E8400) runs passive with just some cardboard ducting to a 12 mm Nexus chassis fan.

cableguys

Post by cableguys » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:10 am

i am running a Core 2 Duo E6300.

And i think i will go for the yate loon. cause it seems that's the only one i can go for