Antec Phantom atx cable length and SilverStone J06?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DG

Antec Phantom atx cable length and SilverStone J06?

Post by DG » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:47 am

Hi,
I'm planning a system using these two and i'm wondering about some things:

1. What's the Phantoms ATX cable length (without the adapter)? I've red the spcr Phantom review and it doesn't say. Same on the Antec site.

2. Are the new versions of Phantom come with 20pin+4pin adapter or they're using the old 20-24 pins adapter?

3. Has anyone this combination of components (Phantom psu and SilverStone J06 case) and could post some pictures pls? :)

pdf27
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Antec Phantom atx cable length and SilverStone J06?

Post by pdf27 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:40 am

DG wrote:3. Has anyone this combination of components (Phantom psu and SilverStone J06 case) and could post some pictures pls? :)
Something like this you mean?
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article241-page7.html

OK, so it's a Phantom 500, but the cable lengths should be the same.

DG

Post by DG » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:45 am

Heh, how could i missed it!

Thx. :)

ConsistentChaos

Post by ConsistentChaos » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:32 am

Seeing as I just received the Phantom 350/Silverstone TJ-06 combo in the mail today, I'd like to throw in my two cents.

The Phantom 500 is LONGER than the 350, and thus the power cable has a shorter distance to travel, not having to snake over the drive cage as much as the 350. The ATX cable may also be longer with the 500.

I am using an Epox 9NPA+ Ultra with this, and here the power connector is favorably placed near the center of the board, but it looks like it's still going to be a tight fit. If the connector was along the far edge as I've seen most do, I don't think it would work.

I'll edit this again with the gory details once I actually connect things up -- I need to remove that stupid northbridge fan first! (grin)

Hope this helps.

ConsistentChaos

Post by ConsistentChaos » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:22 am

Following up -- it DOES reach in the case of the Epox 9NPA, but it is a bit of a stretch. Sorry I took so long to respond -- I've got problems here with the new build. It's almost too new for its own good. (grin)