dealing with summer heat

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

El Doug

dealing with summer heat

Post by El Doug » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:10 pm

i unfortunately got into silent computing in the winter. i was in 7th heaven running an X2 4400+ and a 7800gtx both on a reserator plus, with 2 5v L1A's and a phantom 350 on an A8N-premium (passive northbridge). with a NIDEC-driven Samsung SATA2 soft-mounted, i felt invincible with a litterally no-noise PC

i couldnt imagine what yall were talking about on these forums about it being difficult to silence a gaming rig, as i could play Q4 on the highest settings for hours without overheating.

then it got warm in Pittsburgh... and i find myself having overheating issues. how can i go about fixing this?

Krazy Kommando

Post by Krazy Kommando » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:55 pm

basically 2 options
-turn up those case fans
-find a way to keep your reserator cooler. can u sit it next to a window or air conditioning vent or something? or perhaps directly behind your case exhaust fan, so that it can cool the reserator too

Trunks

powered coolers

Post by Trunks » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:30 am

You need to figure out if it is your case/NB temps or your component temps.

If it was just that your water need to be chilled a bit it might be a great application for a soft sided thermoelectric cooling bag.