Need advice on removing Antec NeoHE fan grill

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

slimwallet

Need advice on removing Antec NeoHE fan grill

Post by slimwallet » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:09 pm

I isolated one of the noise of my system is a whooshing sound from the Antec NeoHE. I'm wondering if there's anything I should watch out for when removing the fan grill.

So far I just tried to unscrew one of the four screws, but notice that the screws also hold the 80mm fan in place.

If I unscrew all the screws to remove the grill, will the fan fall off and be hard to put back on?

where?wolf

Re: Need advice on removing Antec NeoHE fan grill

Post by where?wolf » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:57 pm

slimwallet wrote:I isolated one of the noise of my system is a whooshing sound from the Antec NeoHE. I'm wondering if there's anything I should watch out for when removing the fan grill.

So far I just tried to unscrew one of the four screws, but notice that the screws also hold the 80mm fan in place.

If I unscrew all the screws to remove the grill, will the fan fall off and be hard to put back on?

Hi!

If you have screw holes thru the case wall for the fan / grill combo? Then just fasten the fan, using some round elastic rubber straps or "Stretch Magic" strips. This will also lower the vibrations from fan to case.

If you plan to cut out any stamped / honeycombed grilles on the case? Them make sure to tape a small, but strong plastic bag securly around the fan hole. This will catch any metal dust or shards flying around.

Konnetikut

Post by Konnetikut » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:11 pm

You mean without opening the PSU, right?

I believe you can leave one screw on, rotate the grill out of position, screw the other 3 screws on again, unscrew the 4th screw, and finish it off.