Cappuccino PC

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

tucansam

Cappuccino PC

Post by tucansam » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:19 am

Some quick searching of the forums here turns up a little info, but its pretty dated. Does anyone have any experience with the products from these folks?

http://www.cappuccinopc.com

Failing that, can anyone advise the smallest cases available that fit a 2.5" disk and offer a single PCI slot, for use with a PCI Express card on a riser? I've been looking about a dozen different manufactures and I want to make sure I've covered all my bases.

Thanks.

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:05 am

theres no adapter to go PCI-e to PCI that i know of, and no nano-ITX boards have PCI-e on them.

you could just go with a mac mini if you need small and compatibility.

you could build a shuttle based computer with a nano-ITX board in it, change the CPU fan and use any HDD you want suspended in it.

tucansam

Post by tucansam » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks, I see now that my original post probably wasn't clear. What I meant was that I'd like the PCIe slot on whatever motherboard I go with to be useable, ie, with a PCIe riser and a PCI slot in the case. I'd like to have the option to use a third-party graphics card if I desire, over the onboard stuff, but i'd still like the overall case to be *tiny*

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:45 am

well, its not entirely impossible.

PCI graphics cards are available, and my suggestion would be to use a nano-ITX board with a PCI slot on it, if necessary you can get a half-sized PCI graphics card.

extreme performance from any ITX board is hard to get.

i do graphic design on a GeForce 5200 PCI, and it really gets teh job done, i can't complain.

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Post by AZBrandon » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:50 am

I've ordered from them before. No problems or anything to complain about. If you want, you could just call them, describe what you're trying to do and they should be able to help you out.