Ninja or KingWin RVT-12025?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

CallMeJoe

Ninja or KingWin RVT-12025?

Post by CallMeJoe » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:35 pm

I have a P5N-E SLI with E6300 (OC to 2.625 GHz), 2GB OCZ DDR2-800 in an Antec Solo with 120mm Yate Loon exhaust, SeaSonic S12-430 PSU (HDDs Raptor, Seagate; DVD-R Samsung). I put a Noctua NC-U6 on the NorthBridge, and want to upgrade my CPU HSF from the Sunbeam Silent Whisper.

My two top candidates are the Ninja and the Kingwin RVT-12025. Any comments or suggestions? Anyone here have direct experience with the Kingwin or with the identical Xigmatek S-1283?

VanWaGuy

Post by VanWaGuy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:20 pm

Ok, I will call you Joe, Hi Joe :)

Are your temps bad? I am running a Sunbeam Silent Whisper on an E6700 that I have run as high as 3.3 GHz, and the temps were fine.

Are you looking for quieter? Looking for better cooling so you can push the OC a bit higher?

I do not have direct experience, but just hoping to clarify your needs so that the answers fit what you are wanting.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Re: Ninja or KingWin RVT-12025?

Post by thejamppa » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:36 am

CallMeJoe wrote:I have a P5N-E SLI with E6300 (OC to 2.625 GHz), 2GB OCZ DDR2-800 in an Antec Solo with 120mm Yate Loon exhaust, SeaSonic S12-430 PSU (HDDs Raptor, Seagate; DVD-R Samsung). I put a Noctua NC-U6 on the NorthBridge, and want to upgrade my CPU HSF from the Sunbeam Silent Whisper.

My two top candidates are the Ninja and the Kingwin RVT-12025. Any comments or suggestions? Anyone here have direct experience with the Kingwin or with the identical Xigmatek S-1283?
kingwin / Xigmatek is really effective CPU cooler. I don't have first hand experience but friend of mine uses one and really praises that cooler from earth to heavens.

CallMeJoe

Post by CallMeJoe » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:38 am

VanWaGuy wrote:Are your temps bad? I am running a Sunbeam Silent Whisper on an E6700 that I have run as high as 3.3 GHz, and the temps were fine.

Are you looking for quieter? Looking for better cooling so you can push the OC a bit higher?

I do not have direct experience, but just hoping to clarify your needs so that the answers fit what you are wanting.
Temps are good, but I'm hoping for quieter and cooler, possibly to push my OC a little higher. I'm going to be buying something soon, since the fan whine of my son's Gateway P4 annoys the heck out of me just walking by his open door. I'm planning to quiet his rig with the Sunbeam, buying myself an upgrade in the process.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Both coolers are good but rely on push-pins. So you probably need to go get bolthru kit or just get TRUE, even its more expensive.

CallMeJoe

Post by CallMeJoe » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:07 pm

I already have the backplate, and just ordered the Kingwin RVT-12025.

VanWaGuy

Post by VanWaGuy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks for posting your question. I was not familiar with that cooler till you posted. I browsed quite a bit, and the reviews that I trusted the most put it just a very tiny bit behind some of the very best coolers available, and for a lot less money.

Looks like a good value, and being able to upgrade multiple systems is always nice.

CallMeJoe

Post by CallMeJoe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:09 pm

I ordered the Kingwin Sunday night, Directron shipped it Monday. I also went to Sidewinder for another TR Bolt-Through kit (for when I reuse my Sunbeam) and some AS Alumina adhesive, also shipped Monday. I'll likely wait until this weekend to change hardware, so it'll be sometime next week before I have any results to report.