Antec Veris Fusion CD ROM Install Issues

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

renedc

Antec Veris Fusion CD ROM Install Issues

Post by renedc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 am

My Antec Veris Fusion case is great. I have only one problem. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how they fixed it.

There's an optical drive "cage" that holds the CD ROM in place. It drops into place in a very precise fashion, presumably to match the CD ROM with the case's hardware - a button on the outside of the case to open/close the drive tray, as well as a door for the drive tray to pass through when opening and closing. My problem is one of "lining things up", I think. Only when the DVD Burner loaded into the drive cage in the only possible way using the Burner's screw holes, two major issues arise:

1. The drive cage won't sit all the way down so that it's flat, instead, tilting the burner with the front end down. It's possible the Burner is bumping into a plastic fastener used to secure the plastic front panel to the case. I'm afraid if I cut that fastener away, the case may come apart.

2. Probably due to the Burner's angled placement, the drive tray doesn't come out without some manual help from me.

Any help from someone who's encountered this issue would be appreciated. In any case thanks for taking the time to read this.

Arbutus

Re: Antec Veris Fusion CD ROM Install Issues

Post by Arbutus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:09 pm

If you can't remove the obstruction to the drive cage then perhaps you could remove the front bezel of the drive tray.