Scythe Ninja with ABit AN8 Ultra

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

shock33

Scythe Ninja with ABit AN8 Ultra

Post by shock33 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:37 am

(Apologies if this should be in the CPU Cooling folder, please move if it is)

I don't suppose anyone is running this combination? I'm looking to pick it up for this weekend but just wanted to check if anyone else was running it and if there were any issues/comments?

Poodle

Post by Poodle » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:26 pm

I would also like to know if it will fit my Abit An8 sli....

cheers...

NextGen_Gamer

Post by NextGen_Gamer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:09 am

Maybe you should read HardOCP.com's review of the AN8 Ultra before you buy it. I was considering buying it as well, but HardOCP.com seemed to experience a lot of instabilites due to the nForce4 Ultra chipset running too hot. I have not noticed any reviewers having problems with ASUS's A8N-SLI Premium motherboard, although that costs about $170 to the AN8 Ultra's price of $120.

ronrem

Post by ronrem » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:24 am

overclocker site reviews want a board that will overclock till it causes a local brown-out. Whether the Abit mobo or for that matter,one of the passive Scythe heatsinks is good when you OC your rig till it smokes is not the big concern at SILENT pc review.

No personal experiance,but having browsed threads here,having looked at buyer feedback at newegg,I get the impression that stock or mildly OC'd these items do well. Generally it would figure there's decent airflow with a case fan,though some PSU fans might do the job alone. The Abit board is very new on the market and perhaps benefits from a newer bios,often new boards ship ASAP and a better,more stable bios shows up a few weeks later.