GA-P35-DQ6 fan header control

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

coopers

GA-P35-DQ6 fan header control

Post by coopers » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks to the many helpful people who have been answering my questions - I have arrived at the conclusion that this gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 board is a good way to go, however I have (yet another) bunch of questions that hopefully someone who knows this board can answer...

I have read here, that this board supports fan speed control on all it's fan headers - however looking in the manual, the BIOS has "smart fan control mode" but it only mentions the CPU fan - so am I right in making the assumption that you can control all fans? Through what BIOS menu option?

Also, the PWR_FAN header is for the power supply fan? Why does this need to be connected? I thought if you buy a decent power supply, that it's fan can control it's own speed?

Has anyone undervolted this thing? If so, what settings are stable? There is a good amount of overclocking info out there... but not so much for undervolting.

thanks!

coopers

Post by coopers » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:06 pm

anyone? ;)

Immortals
Friend of SPCR

Post by Immortals » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:14 pm

I have this board but haven't had time to play with all the settings. I have an E6600 (VID 1.35V). It is stable at 1.08V. You definitely don't need to connect the PWR_FAN. Connecting it allows the RPM speed to be read. Don't know whether you can control all the fans through the BIOS.