Duo E8400 or Quad Q9300

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

smilingcrow
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by smilingcrow » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

ryboto wrote:Providing information
You’re welcome for the information and the link but I don’t feel so welcoming towards your rudeness.
Just because I chose not to spoon feed you initially doesn’t mean I wasn’t being helpful. Sometimes it’s better to encourage someone to do something for themselves rather than give it to them on a plate.

ryboto
Friend of SPCR

Post by ryboto » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:50 am

smilingcrow wrote:
ryboto wrote:Providing information
You’re welcome for the information and the link but I don’t feel so welcoming towards your rudeness.
Just because I chose not to spoon feed you initially doesn’t mean I wasn’t being helpful. Sometimes it’s better to encourage someone to do something for themselves rather than give it to them on a plate.
I don't mean to nitpick, but the rudeness began on your end bub.

edit: and no, it isn't helpful. If someone asks me where I see information that I've quoted, I'll site the source, provide a link back to it. There's no reason you couldn't have initially, and then you wouldn't have come off as being rude. Instead you respond "these forums", and then a link to the search tool. The second post, and concurrent argument could have been avoided had you simply adjusted your attitude. I really don't think you can get preachy about linking someone information, it's a bit ridiculous.

smilingcrow
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by smilingcrow » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:21 pm

ryboto wrote:
smilingcrow wrote:I just did a search in CPU’s and Motherboards and used three terms from the data you were asking about and set it to search for all of them and it came back with 3 results; use the search terms: E8400 1.2250v -0.1V
The relevant thread is titled E8400 is amazing! and the data is on page 2.
Knowing how to be a jerk isn't very handy, people typically wont like you for it, maybe you should be a little less of one?
You seem somewhat exasperated that I didn’t immediately jump to find the reference to the information that I’d already taken the time to find and post. So when I did find the time to post a link and explain how easy it was to find the data you then call me a jerk! I can live without a thank you but an insult seems somewhat excessive.

Holy-Fire
Friend of SPCR

Post by Holy-Fire » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Is it time for an intervention? For what it's worth (probably not much), I don't think either of you is right or wrong here. Your argument comes from a simple failure to match expectations (e.g. smilingcrow expecting ryboto to put more effort into finding answers himself before asking, and ryboto expecting to receive more straightforward responses to his queries) which then escalated. This happens all the time. You should learn from the experience and move on - there's no need to write each other off.

ryboto
Friend of SPCR

Post by ryboto » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:47 pm

smilingcrow wrote: You seem somewhat exasperated that I didn’t immediately jump to find the reference to the information that I’d already taken the time to find and post. So when I did find the time to post a link and explain how easy it was to find the data you then call me a jerk! I can live without a thank you but an insult seems somewhat excessive.
You made a rude gesture about my supposed inability to use the search function, I felt it was an insult, and unnecessary. I didn't expect you to find the reference immediately, but maybe suggest "try searching for ____", instead of what you replied with initially.

Holy-Fire makes sense, and I'm done with this, sorry everyone, I hope we didn't kill the topic.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:54 am

Hmm the E7300 is almost here and it should push the price of the E7200 down :lol:

Idle temps/power consumption is of much greater interest to me as 95% of the time I'm just using the PC to browse the web and use MSN etc. or the PC is just sitting idle while I'm doing other things in the room - this is when I like it to be silent. When I'm stressing it I can just put some music on if needs be.

I recently added another 2x1GB sticks of RAM (to bring the total up to 4) and I've upgraded my Samsung 2.5" M60 to a 3.5" F1 and its tipped the temps of my Phantom enough that the fan spins up then almost straight back down when the system is idle... This is why I'm so stern about how the new CPU will be at idle and why I'm thinking I should have got the PE35 board.

smilingcrow
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by smilingcrow » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:16 am

Jordan wrote:I recently added another 2x1GB sticks of RAM (to bring the total up to 4) and I've upgraded my Samsung 2.5" M60 to a 3.5" F1 and its tipped the temps of my Phantom enough that the fan spins up then almost straight back down when the system is idle... This is why I'm so stern about how the new CPU will be at idle and why I'm thinking I should have got the PE35 board.
I was surprised to hear that the fan was spinning up at all and then checked your Sig and noticed that you have zero case fans. If you installed a quiet 120mm fan and dropped the speed down to ~600 rpm it would be inaudible and should stop the Antec’s fan from turning on. You could install it in the lower chamber of the P180, as a rear exhaust or on the Ninja.
I have a similar setup to you but a much more powerful CPU and GPU and have no noise problems and I have 3 fans and it used to be 4. I do have a fanless power supply though. :wink:

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:32 pm

I let my sig go out of date :oops:

I have a 3.5" Samsung F1 now and also have a rear 120mm Nexus that's controlled by the Motherboard. It barely spins up at all :)

smilingcrow
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by smilingcrow » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 am

Jordan wrote:I let my sig go out of date :oops:
I have a 3.5" Samsung F1 now and also have a rear 120mm Nexus that's controlled by the Motherboard. It barely spins up at all :)
I’m even more surprised to see that the Phantom is turning the fan on as your system is fairly low spec!