mobo with socket P cuestion

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

pani_alex

mobo with socket P cuestion

Post by pani_alex » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:49 am

im new in these forum and been around trying to find the mobo i dream on.
wath i was wondering is a socket P for the new c2d mobile (i read to day that they will support 1066 bus), a PCIe 16x to add a nvidia low en graphic card if there is no mobo with a good onboard graphic card (also a higth en graphic card for gaming in another pc (one pc for TV and video waching and the other for gaming and all that)), some pci or PCIe 1x to add sound card and TV cards, mobile ram (i think they use less power than desktop one), a direct 12v PSU (the one i have found on the web is only 50% eficien and i dont like it, there must to be a way to be more eficien sice it is direc 12v).

I am planing to use the TV on a 12v line powered by solar cels

I have olso not found a mobile graphic card, i know that the 8600 mobile draing much more less power than the 8600 desktop on motebooks.

What king of things can i atach on the mini PCIe?

Edit1: i forgot to mention that im only investigating, im not sure of what to to yet

Edit2: something like these http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3& ... odelmenu=1, a normal mobo with all the mobile tecnologie

eit412
Patron of SPCR

Post by eit412 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:01 pm

The PicoPSU is extreamly effiecent, and you would not need an external power brick. I am not sure how much power you can put through a pico, they are normally limited by the external power birck that you use to convert from 110V AC to 12V DC.