MSI P45 Platinum & Xigmatek HDT-S1283

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

TD22057

MSI P45 Platinum & Xigmatek HDT-S1283

Post by TD22057 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Whenever I start researching components for a build, I like to see pictures of various heat sinks to make sure they'll fit on the motherboard I'm considering. I don't find good pics nearly as often as I'd like to so I'm going to contribute these pics in case anyone else is considering this combination.

I liked the MSI board because it's a P45 and and it has a HUGE north/south bridge cooling system. It's so cool looking it almost makes me want a window in my case. In any case, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 fits on this board just fine in either direction.

Facing the top:

Facing the back:

I plan on mounting this facing the top in a Silverstone FT01 so that the giant 18cm top fan will cool both the CPU and north/south bridge.

walle

Post by walle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the pictures, a great initiative, I’ve never thought about this myself to be honest; will keep it in mind as well as check my own pictures of various setups.

:)

As an aside:
I’ve been looking for a replacement for my Antec Solo, I’m pleased with it but would really like to get something new, coincidentally I’ve been eyeballing the SilverStone Fortress FT01 myself and it would be great if you could post some pictures when your system is finished.

Cheers.