Undervolting program that I can run as a windows service

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

paulsiu

Undervolting program that I can run as a windows service

Post by paulsiu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:32 am

Hi,

I have been using RmClock for years on my ancient Athlon XP system. Despite its age, it's speedy enough to get most of job done.

I have been using RMclock to undervolt the board, but it doesn't run as a service. I was wondering if anyone have experience with Crystalcpuid or Notebook Hardware Control. Can either of them run as service in Windows XP? Which one is better?

I have tried google, but can't quite find the information.

Paul

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Vicotnik » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:02 am

Maybe something like this will help.
"SrvAny allows Windows applications to run as a service."
- http://www.iopus.com/guides/srvany.htm

Just out of curiosity, why do you want it to run as a service?

And RMClock is not that old, the latest version is just under a year old. I use it myself, prefer it over CrystalCPUID. :)

paulsiu

Post by paulsiu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:35 am

The problem is that different people use the system, and not everyone has admin. I want RmClock running as a service so that everyone can make use of the benefits.

frank2003

Post by frank2003 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:49 am

I've been running CrystalCPUID as a scheduled job that starts at system boot up time. It is set up to run as administrator. You may want to give it a shot with RMClock.

When setting up the job, just make sure you uncheck the option to kill the job if it's running longer than some amount time.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:07 pm

I've been using NHC on my laptops for years. Have it running as a service. Works great. I like it so much that I sent the author $$.

paulsiu

Post by paulsiu » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:56 am

frank2003,

I try scheduling a rmclock and it apparently works! OK, I can't get to the RmClock control panel any more, but that is a minor issue. Thanks for the tip.

NeoteriX

Post by NeoteriX » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:I've been using NHC on my laptops for years. Have it running as a service. Works great. I like it so much that I sent the author $$.
I think it's awesome too! ...unfortunately the author has stopped updating it since like 2007. :(

paulsiu

Post by paulsiu » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Yes, Dimitri left and the program hasn't been updated. As a result, the program may be incompatible with new CPU's. Fortunately, it still works with my old computer so I am safe until I upgrade :-)