FS: LIKE NEW Silverstone NightJar 450W - COMPLETELY SILENT!!

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

miahallen

FS: LIKE NEW Silverstone NightJar 450W - COMPLETELY SILENT!!

Post by miahallen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:09 am

Almost brand new Silverstone NightJar Power supply. This is the unit from the "Jonny Guru" review. It's would be an awesome unit to have in any silent enthusiast's toolkit. It is still like new in the box will all original accessories included!

I would keep it, but I already bought another because I thought this one got lost in the shipping from the Jonny Guru editor. He shipped it to me from Canada 6 weeks ago, and it got on the slow boat and just arrived today.

As I no longer need it, it'll be up for grabs to the first individual interested for $150 shipped anywhere in the USA. I'll accept non-CC PayPal, you'll find my heatware feedback here: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63617
(I'm rated 12-0-0 right now). Thanks!

edit: dropped to $140 shipped!
edit: dropped to $100 plus shipping!
edit: gosh, I figured it'd fly out the door at this price...aren't there any silent PC enthusiasts around here??? What's the problem?
Sold locally

This PSU Retails for $200...and this one is better than brand new!!! (see comments from O Wolf below).

I live in Japan (but have a USA APO shipping address, I live on a US Army base), so shipping usually takes 7-10 business days via USPS Priority. International shipping will be calculated upon request.
The Silverstone Nightjar ST45NF does everything it sets out to do and then some. Not only did it manage to impress me at its full rated 120V load level, it went on to scoff at the hot box when I asked it to do the 240V spec afterwords. This unit is fan less, built like a fortress, and performs like the server grade unit it is. This could very well be the fan less unit to beat.
Our very own Mike Chin also reviewed the unit at the end of last year, and came away very impressed!
The Silverstone ST30NF power supply is one of the most enduring power products in silent computing. We reviewed a sample all the way back in September 2004, and found it then to be the most capable fanless PSU reviewed to date: "The features alone are impressive enough, but more importantly, real performance was exemplary throughout bench and in-system testing." Amazingly, nearly five years later, this model continues to be in production. It is still the model most often mentioned when anyone inquires about a fanless PSU in the SPCR forums. In fact, one of them is powering the new silent PC that processes the digital audio measurements and recordings from SPCR's anechoic chamber....

...Of all the fanless PSUs we've examined over the years, the Silverstone "Nightjar" series have stood the test of time. It's simply unheard of for a component in the PC retail business to last five years essentially unchanged, which is a testament to the solid design of the original ST30NF.

The Silverstone ST45NF is a natural improvement over the lower power ST30NF. It is substantially more efficient and well deserving of its Bronze 80 Plus tag. It is one of the most efficient PSUs we've tested, in fact. For a unit rated at just 400W output (with 115VAC input), our sample's performance was outstanding, suggesting both robust longevity and good thermal design. The conservatism of Silverstone's power rating pays off here. About the only lack you might point out is modular cables; at the asking price, this feature would not be unreasonable to expect.

Acoustically, there's no way to make a PSU any quieter. The noise exhibited by our test sample was essentially nil. It made no appreciable noise in normal testing
or use.
Last edited by miahallen on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

miahallen

BUMP

Post by miahallen » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:56 am

Bump for price drop 8)

Oklahoma Wolf

Post by Oklahoma Wolf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 pm

You forgot to mention I put red threadlocker on the heatsink screws to make sure they go nowhere - it's better than factory ;)

miahallen

Post by miahallen » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 pm

From the man himself...thanks Wolf :)

miahallen

price drop!

Post by miahallen » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:23 am

Bump for final price drop. Don't let this one slip away!

miahallen

Post by miahallen » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Bumpage...where are all the silent PC enthusiasts...I thought they hang around this place? :?
1/2 price for an essentially new unit, and zero bites in over three weeks...just doesn't make sense :?:

ckang008

Post by ckang008 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:34 pm

If i didn't get a 350w fanless, i would have bought yours (and I live in japan too).

andrewleef87

Still avaliable?

Post by andrewleef87 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:36 am

Hi, I am wiritn gt o enquire if your Nightjar fanless PSU is still available at $100? thank you, Andrew

miahallen

Post by miahallen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Unit sold locally, thanks for the interest.