Netherlands reseller for ASUS Eee PC 1000HE w/ US-Int. keyb.

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Light Yagami

Netherlands reseller for ASUS Eee PC 1000HE w/ US-Int. keyb.

Post by Light Yagami » Tue May 12, 2009 8:27 am

I'm interested in a pink ASUS Eee PC 1000HE (preferredly with 2 GB's of memory instead of 1, which apparently is possible), but I only am interested if I can get it with a US-International keyboard. The US-International keyboard apparently is used in the Netherlands and has keys for all sorts of different symbols and special Latin letters such as ä, ö, and even Swedish and Norweigan å, among many others. This webpage describes it in full detail: http://www.csus.edu/fl/keyboard.html

First of all I need to get a confirmation from someone in the Netherlands that this keyboard indeed is used in the country, and if it also is the standard keyboard or only available for special cases. Once that is clear I need to be informed of a good, trustworthy reseller in the Netherlands whose website also is available in English and who are able to reply to e-mails in English.

Your help will be very much appreciated... I have been trying to find a reseller in Sweden who is prepared to make a special order, but either they dismiss even trying or their supplier ends up saying they simply don't take in laptops with keyboards other than the Swedish version. -_-;

Hmm... I probably should be buying a US-International keyboard for my regular computer, too, while I'm at it. Odd that it's so difficult to find these clearly superior keyboards...

ACook

Post by ACook » Tue May 12, 2009 9:28 am

standard keyboards in .nl don't have the nordic letters printed on the keys, if that's what you're looking for.

this is the normal keyboard:

you can transform any keyboard in the US International version using windows language settings though. By default .nl windows installs are set to NL with US-International keyboard, which as a mainly english typist I immediately change to US, cause every time I type a ' and then a aeoiu, it wants to put an accent on it.

prebuilt PC's and laptops bought in NL will have a dutch windows version, so not sure what exactly the advantage will be for you. most dutch customers want dutch windows, we may be able to understand and talk english, but when it comes to computers, ppl go dutch.

Light Yagami

Post by Light Yagami » Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 am

Well that sure sucks. I guess there isn't a single country in the world with a decent enough Latin keyboard. I suppose that means that I will be buying the computer with a simple US keyboard, then, instead, and will be using the US-International setting with it.