Wondering if any way to rule out Neo HE 430W failure via SN

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Ocelot

Wondering if any way to rule out Neo HE 430W failure via SN

Post by Ocelot » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:36 pm

I'm building a new system to replace my dying & outdated Athlon 700MHz setup, and have just received my shiny white P150 (I *like* it!). Given the problems with the first-run included Neo HE 430W PSUs, I was just wondering if there might be any way to rule out the possibility of having a defective unit via the SN on the PS alone. The reason I ask is that I'm still waiting on delivery of my Abit AN8 Ultra mobo, so I won't be able to test the Neo HE until after the Thursday after Christmas. :cry:

Probably not, but I thought I'd ask. SN for my Neo HE is S05090018948. My P150 arrived in good order despite the hole in its box. :? No corresponding dents or bruises to the case, but I sure would have appreciated a shipping box in addition to the original container. (grumble)

Now searching Antec's site for anything promising regarding this possibility. Would have been nice to have a "manufactured on" date included on the PSU; Antec could have easily ruled out questionable units by their respective mill dates, then, as well.

Purrs --
--
Ocelot

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:11 am

There's now a "Neo HE" users thread in the Consumer forum. Post this info there to add to the "database". Perhaps at some point in the future there will be a way to tell original from revised Neo HE's by serial number range.

srs

Post by srs » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:58 am

I'm kinda in the same boat. I was ready to buy a P150 until I read about these problems, and now I'm not sure if I buy one, if I'll get the "revised" units or the original version.

It would be nice if Antec included some sort of revision number.